Plastic Barrels for beds.

Im thinking about using the plastic barrels for beds. I was just wondering what you boys think of them. Also what size barrel is best to use? I was just going to put them on there side with a small hole cut out for them to get in and out. Drill some ventelation holes in the roof then maybe put a rubber cow mat in and fill it with straw.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gentleman, inclosed are some photos of my plastic barrel dog houses. The ones I choose to use are 15 gallon (About 55 liters) plastic barrels. The barrels are sloped approximately 2 inches from back t

make some vents in them (water tight) or it will be piss wet through with condensation

Brockdog, The American kit looks like a good set-up. If those can not be bought over here in Europe maybe we could make our own. Add a couple of improvements and save some money as well. Use the o

Posted Images

Iv'e got inside kennels and use plastic barrels cut in half stood on their ends with a square cut out so the terriers can get in ,all i use for bedding is shavings ,if you wanted it warmer then make a wood lid to go top.The barrel size i use is the ones you see on the side of the road with salt in :whistling:

• Like 1

thats all me mates use is the blue barrels.................brilliant when you got a destructive dog that chews everything

Not so brilliant if the dog chews and eats the barrel.

its better than wood and the barrel takes a long time to chew .............and is cheap (free) and does the job of keeping the mutt dry and is draugh proof

post-71817-0-14694300-1355129913.jpeg

seen these on google ,brilliant,

When I kept mine in barrels I enquired about these kits and there was not a european supplier for them.

I drilled 2 holes one side ,used to short lengths of timber as a stand,to stop them rolling around ,and cut half of one end out as a door.

Paid tenner a barrel ,and better than the wooden ones the dog chewed in a month.