OD OUT AGAIN

Well lads what's happening,we have been out the last 2 weeks and the scent has been shit,or the hounds ,or the huntsman , i think the latter,got to the meet wednesday a heavy frost all over the ground,hounds entered the first cover ,hit a bit of a line to a earth but did'nt actually mark it ,tried a terrier she said he wasn't at home,hounds drew down the valley finding one ,but scent wasn't great but as the hunt went on it got better as it does,hounds hunted out of a fern bank over the field into another valley,i heard a shot but it came over the cb that he had mssed it ,happy days,hounds now were going strong a good cry and a good pace,because the hounds were in the valley i could'nt see or tell which direction they were going ,one of the farmers came over the cb saying they had turned right handed and was heading back up where we had started in the morning,hounds now had come into view,and fairplay they were running at a good pace,crossing 2-3 fields and returning back to where we had started,putting the drag to ground where we had tried in the morning,three blows on the horn,terrier's were on the way,putting hounds up on the bank ,fudge the terrier was entered,from where she was entered she went 12 meters,bolting the drag hounds away with fudge running behind them,beening picked up by her owner,hounds in good cry running him close down throught the wood,leaving the wood crossing out to a fern bank putting him back to ground,this place was a good place to enter a young terrier,so mouse was called upon,this would be her second,collar on hounds up on the bank ,bolt the bugger,it wasn;t going to happen ,she went fast to him , so that was one accounted for,hounds moved on to the next draw putting another one off which was shot by one of the farmers,moving on up into another valley hounds took a drag ,taking into account this valley is'nt that far away from where we had been all morning,so this one had been gone a long time,hounds picked they're way through the gorse and bramble cold marking him to ground in a old rabbit berry,another young bitch was entered,in fairness it wasn't a place for her,big tree roots and the tunnels were small,it makes you think how the drag got up there,breaking through on the bitch,through some roots it was decided to enter a older bitch ,time was getting on so i lefted the boy's to it ,taking hounds back before it got dark,hounds back into the trailer safe ,it was another hour before the boy's were back on the yard accounting for another one,peddles taking a bit of stick of a big aggressive drag,sorry lads i have'nt got any photo's of the day because my camera was flat,some of the boy's took photo's i'll try and get some of them ,

HPIM1292.jpg

HPIM1293.jpg

these are a couple photo's from sunday's outing

• Like 12