whippet country music bloodline

the country music i knew was around in the mid/late eighties i think it was from down devon or somewhere, it was a racing dog, the other whippets i remeber around that time i think were bow, and marrilion, all of them used to be advertised at stud in the shooting news/countrymans weekly

Bowatchatsworth.jpg

Hi Cocker,this is Bow (Country Music x Sprint Greyhound)bred by Vern Hutchings & Brian Seedhouse,and owned by me.

This picture shows him getting reserve ch of ch's at Chatsworth, and he was virtually unbeaten at lurcher racing :thumbs:

HELLO sowhat,

what year was this pic taken at chatsworth ime sure i remember this, i think i was there, ? lovely dog hm mate

cheers

cocker

Edited by cocker
  • Like 1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Geoff was a real nice guy...we named him, King of the Speedsters...?  I once had the honour to Judge, a real prestigious and amazingly well attended Lurcher show... At the time I had never m

So What was the name Geoff Fletcher used on here. He died a while ago. Bred some top class non-ped whippets and lurchers. A very knowledgeable dog bloke, a pleasure to talk to. Cheers.

Hell no..so what was a very respected member that's sadly pasted?

Posted Images

the country music i knew was around in the mid/late eighties i think it was from down devon or somewhere, it was a racing dog, the other whippets i remeber around that time i think were bow, and marrilion, all of them used to be advertised at stud in the shooting news/countrymans weekly

Bowatchatsworth.jpg

Hi Cocker,this is Bow (Country Music x Sprint Greyhound)bred by Vern Hutchings & Brian Seedhouse,and owned by me.

This picture shows him getting reserve ch of ch's at Chatsworth, and he was virtually unbeaten at lurcher racing :thumbs:

HELLO sowhat,

what year was this pic taken at chatsworth ime sure i remember this, i think i was there, ? lovely dog hm mate

cheers

cocker

Not 100% sure of the year, but either 1990 or 1991,thanks :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 8 years later...
3 minutes ago, poxon said:

Mad how there all related ive got marillion in my bitches breeding a couple of times 

I've got an old 29" 75lb first x deer/grey in my kennel that has the same grand Sire and dam as a friends 21" 32lb non-ped whippet !

Dig back and you find the same names popping up in most racing whippets and lots of lurchers.

Cheers.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I've got an old 29" 75lb first x deer/grey in my kennel that has the same grand Sire and dam as a friends 21" 32lb non-ped whippet !

Dig back and you find the same names popping up in most racing whippets and lots of lurchers.

Cheers.

Been having a dig back it’s interesting stuff 

6 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

Who's the so what gadger not our friend rudeboy is it ?

So What was the name Geoff Fletcher used on here.

He died a while ago. Bred some top class non-ped whippets and lurchers.

A very knowledgeable dog bloke, a pleasure to talk to.

Cheers.

• Like 7

Geoff was a real nice guy...we named him, King of the Speedsters...?

I once had the honour to Judge, a real prestigious and amazingly well attended Lurcher show...

At the time I had never met Geoff, and to be honest, I did not really take much notice of the guy...

Facts were, my eyes were drawn to a really nicely made, silver Brindle bitch...

She was built like a pit bull , but still racy as feck, and truly handsome...?

There was a hell of a lot of cracking looking dogs on display that day,.but when I handled his bitch, Sally,..I could feel her energy, power and sheer class. Accordingly, I awarded her the covetted Red rosette and made her Supreme Champion..  I congratulated Geoff on the turnout of his animal, and I'll never forget his words.

He said, 'Right I've won the Showing, now I am going to Win the Racing....'

I admired his optimism,...but he knew the score, and went on to achieve, exactly what he said he would...?

AS for Supreme Racing Champion Country Music, well, mine was the first bitch to be taken to him . 

When I turned up at Vernon's house with a Greyhound x Australian Cattle Dog lurcher, she really did look an imposing sight when stood alongside, what might be considered a biggish Racing Whippet...

I did have my doubts?...

Luckiliy the dog was a natural and he simply jumped aboard, and the deed was done...

Halcyon Days,..good old times back then....

Stay safe now lads...?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1