been thinking of getting a wippetx grey, anyone got any pics of any?

no one mentioned hares or the fens :blink: a saluki cross is going to be better on ground like the fens, i aint saying that they will run ground like the fens all day what i was saying is for lamping rabbits run after run hares etc on the lamp she had plenty of wind enough to last all night but if your going for daytime hares on ground like the fens 9 times out of 10 a saluki would be a better just my opinion

:thumbs:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 grey 1/4 whippet bitch, 25 (ish) tts  

One of mine, 1st cross whip/grey.

first cross whipp/grey 25tts takes anything thats put in front of him, nearly 7 and still going strong no major injuries and doesnt tear easy as some say    

Posted Images

We are not all into hunting hares and running the fens lol, down here its little fields and hedgerows, I don't lamp 3-4 times a week either , fair play if you do but I have a job and would be shagged. Its bit like saying saluki greyhounds are shite at ferreting.....Im not saying they are either because they probably is some good un's. horses for courses and what the lad prefers to run, NO it won't have saluki staminia or the jaw power of a bull cross.... thats pretty obvious isn't it

the point im trying to make is some people are trying to say this cross has stamina and can run all day etc when the fact is they dont have a lot of stamina and dont stand up well to long runs, lots of work or rough terrain. you will get a one in a million dog here and there that can do these things but in general the whippet/greyhound has a short shelf life as a serious working dog. thats why not many people ever use them for serious grafting, running the fens, long nights lamping etc.

no one mentioned hares or the fens :blink: a saluki cross is going to be better on ground like the fens, i aint saying that they will run ground like the fens all day what i was saying is for lamping rabbits run after run hares etc on the lamp she had plenty of wind enough to last all night but if your going for daytime hares on ground like the fens 9 times out of 10 a saluki would be a better just my opinion

:thumbs:

the point im trying to make is some people are trying to say this cross has stamina and can run all day etc when the fact is they dont have a lot of stamina and dont stand up well to long runs, lots of work or rough terrain. you will get a one in a million dog here and there that can do these things but in general the whippet/greyhound has a short shelf life as a serious working dog. thats why not many people ever use them for serious grafting, running the fens, long nights lamping etc.

i can only speak about what u have owned. my dog had long nights on the lamp every week and i never had a problem with her wind at all. she had a few knocks here and there but no worse that some of my mates other crosses and as it happens i no a few lads that used to run these crosses on the fens and accounted for there fair share. you dont need a saluki cross to catch hares....... :thumbs: