been thinking of getting a wippetx grey, anyone got any pics of any?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 grey 1/4 whippet bitch, 25 (ish) tts  

One of mine, 1st cross whip/grey.

first cross whipp/grey 25tts takes anything thats put in front of him, nearly 7 and still going strong no major injuries and doesnt tear easy as some say    

Posted Images

dog in my avatar is 3/4 whippet 1/4 grey

nice shape mate what size is he?

24 tts made a decent dog nothing special to be honest. but i never had any serious injurys, she was a right whinger when she ran into something though howling the place down most the time but would be fine a few mins later :laugh: smaller game was not a problem but she lacked heart on the bigger stuff she did do a few foxes (preban) single handed. but she could of had a shed load more but wasnt a 100% commited at times but then again i only wanted he as a rabbit dog so i cant really moan. She also had plenty in the tank and her stamina was not a problem just my opinion on the one i owned pal :thumbs:

My bitch is no differen't wind wise from the collie X dogs we run, She's a honest dog and will try her heart out, Brilliant jumper and there not just rabbit dogs.and easy to keep fit. obviously they have good acceleration and and good strike good round holes. She has taken some knocks.... run her through woodlands from a early age

Negatives, need alot of good food to keep them looking like a POW, not the best nose either. If I take a pup out of her I will add a bit of collie or beddy to the mix. Coat is ok but not the best..... its not like a whippet coat its denser but she feels the cold on the worse nights

They break easy, lol

I used to work one for a mate and it nearly broke me :icon_eek: i was stood on a cart track when the grew came chargeing down it on the arse of a Hare, i thought if i move out of its way it,ll hit me, so i stood still and it hit me anyway, believe me it f*****g hurt, dog was fine though, fast as hell but thick as cat shite :D , buster.

no one mentioned hares or the fens :blink: a saluki cross is going to be better on ground like the fens, i aint saying that they will run ground like the fens all day what i was saying is for lamping rabbits run after run hares etc on the lamp she had plenty of wind enough to last all night but if your going for daytime hares on ground like the fens 9 times out of 10 a saluki would be a better just my opinion

• Like 1