rod stewart and the poppy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's up to individuals what they want to do, I knew an old boy who had fought in WW2 and he refused to ware one, said they could poke it up their arse as it wouldn't bring any of his mates back.   E

i wear one , and today as i do every year i polished the medals up put on some tidy gear got the regimental tie on and stood at the war memorial to remember some good mates that never came back , and

i choose to buy poppies. and wear them. i'm british born and bred. and will remember the ones that have fallen. god bless every last one of them.

agreed thats why i said it didnt bother me,but you left that out.

anyway glad to see prince phillip looking a lot better

I did leave it out, on purpose, as I wasn't taking a swipe at you Scot.

I was making the point how commerating soldiers who have fallen in past wars has become something to beat other people over the head with. That's neither right or proper. I think it's quite shameful actually, I don't hear of anyone over here coming out with the same comments over the Easter Lily, unless it's the odd hardcore dissident republican who no one takes much notice of anyway.

They are using it to try to justify the illegal wars we are involved in now.

Dont know who said this but its a great quote:

"I am sick of old men dreaming up wars, for young men to die in"

Any politician advocating war, should be first into battle.

A short film on the "Glory" of war, that brought tears to my eyes.

he was on some show last night,he did have one on,it was a small metal one probally gold and emeralds lol

dara o brain didnt wear one,but that does not bother me tbh.

it was a small metal one probally gold and emeralds lol.

Unreal. :hmm:

lmao actually it was

Thought you would have been at your local cenotaph 11 o'clock today Scothunter, yet you are posting on here at 11.13am?

After all the politically correct stuff you've been posting on here about poppies and cenotaph attendance, did you forget?

Agree 100% with you foxfan.

Sickens me to see Cameron and co laying wreaths whilst at the same time slyly cutting the pensions of the war wounded.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1346527/Liam-Foxs-heartless-pension-cuts-hit-war-widows-retired-servicemen.html

rod will have one hes a decent chap

never had one on at the match on wedsnday :hmm:

Yes he did. Rod wears the smaller type poppy. Probably a metal one. See following and it is on his right lapel. On the Graham Norton show the small, probably metal poppy, was on the left hand pocket under his flower button hole. The flower that he wore is just his normal button hole flower.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2229530/Rod-Stewart-bursts-tears-Celtics-historic-win-Barcelona.html