fox calling

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Foxes killed by hunt packs die Instantly,I am not going to get into this,your opinion is your opinon,I have held a firearm cert for 27 yr I have shot foxes with many calibers and yes its quick in the

Lef-ri, lef-ri, lef-ri, lef-ri, lef-ri, lef-ri, teeeeeeeeeeeeen-hup!  

Jebus, they'll have internet next

i have no idea about controlling foxes with dogs, but are the people that do this saying dogs always kill the fox when the dogs get onto them?

on the subject of the thread. i just brought a tenderfield call the other day and after an hour of messing around with it figgered out how to use it and its loud and can call over long distances. so far i like it and think its worth using further to see what results it produces.

i have no idea about controlling foxes with dogs, but are the people that do this saying dogs always kill the fox when the dogs get onto them?

on the subject of the thread. i just brought a tenderfield call the other day and after an hour of messing around with it figgered out how to use it and its loud and can call over long distances. so far i like it and think its worth using further to see what results it produces.

does anybody know what is the most foxes that have been shot in england using the tenderfield call
Totaly agree I am having to change what I do now,everythings shy,I am still catching mind but having to adjust my ways,using all legal methods,at one time you could mop up a couple of litters of cub's in no time,now they are well grown when the emerge from the maize fields,as that's harvested late up here,and pot shotter's cause nothing but problems,

So, no fella running a dog has ever made a lamp shy fox? If you're saying that, it's very far from the truth.

Any fox given a fright on a lamp won't hang around again for one anytime soon.

No I am not saying that at all,my line of thought was a reaction to Trev 22 further down the thread,I am not attacking anyone nor want to be attacked,if you back track and read his comment you will see why I replied the way I did,I use a rifle and most other methods,his comments were against rifle, it may have been a commment made in jest I dont know,I tried to rationalise his comment by saying maybee he was a dog man, the whole thing took off from there,I realy value the experience of others and have top respect for the hounds men /terrier men on here,my farther was a very active terrier man in his day,

I used the stainless steel from an old door kicker in the end.

in reality they are shiit someone in england proof me wrong ?

All calls are shit when they dont work fact!

If you know one, or have one, that is 100% share the info with us mere mortals

on a nights lamping alot of calls wont work 100%if the foxes have been called to much and are lamp shy .and the tenderfield call is still shit ,there are good calls around ?

I've never got the hang of those Tenterfields, nor seen or know anyone that has used 'em to any degree above poor.

There is one little gem that is on the market, I got one and have been more than impressed with the results.... The new FoxMaster call, I'd rate it as possibly the best electronic call out there now. I'm going to put a review up shortly on it on here about it because I do really rate it. Keep an eye out. ;)