bit on the side?

snapback.pngCarraghs Gem, on 23 October 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

Im not very good at making things but im good at turning a profit, used to buy childrens riding ponys at general horse sales, clean them up a bit and sell them through the papers, also used to deal in show poultry, bought show quality birds at a big sale and sold them at smaller sales.

Same with auctions and car boot sales

Given up on most of that for time being, still have a room to clear of junk that I will most likely send to auction

Just remember Gem if you need cash you're sitting on a fortune!!

Thats the point lol, eventually you accumulate too much stuff and when moneys tight you cash it in, trailers are another good money maker, I usually have a few kicking about... Buy them cheap at auction and do them up, ive 2 im in middle of tidying up and im looking for the right horsebox now

The term "straight over your head" comes to mind :tongue2:

Unless its just me being dirty minded...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carraghs Gem, on 23 October 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:   Im not very good at making things but im good at turning a profit, used to buy childrens riding ponys at general horse sales, clean them up a bit

I knew a guy who was struggling to make ends meet as an agri-worker. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the box. He robbed a norfolk post office, but used his own motorcycle for the getaway vehicle...

In the same boat , working on a yard as a Groom/Handyman/Caretaker, I only work 35 hours a week at just above minimum wage, I do anything I can, I used to do turkey's and trees at Christmas, Firewood

Posted Images

Gamerooster you got to realise Labs brain is very very small and is easliy amused its called care in the THL commuity :thumbs:

I reckon your about one more dig away from me putting you on my "Little bitch list"..............Gamerooster will have too take a back seat if i decide too do so........ :angel:

I thought we discussed this, I am the same height as you, just not as fat, so how can I be a 'little' bitch?

Chickens for laying and eating. Whack a load of hatching eggs on ebay, sell quail eggs too. Sell some mackeral and pigeon to my local posh pub, it's pocket money but better than nothing! Will be getting turkeys for next christmas too. Do a bit gardening/dog walking for neighbours for a fair whack...gotta do what you can!

Gill nets during the summer in the bays and picking wulks an rabbits in the winter all can be done between milkings and relief milk on my weekends off some times when money is tight

What you net BL ?

Gamerooster you got to realise Labs brain is very very small and is easliy amused its called care in the THL commuity :thumbs:

I reckon your about one more dig away from me putting you on my "Little bitch list"..............Gamerooster will have too take a back seat if i decide too do so........ :angel:

I thought we discussed this, I am the same height as you, just not as fat, so how can I be a 'little' bitch?

Just your attitude........ :angel:
Guest thebigdog

I knew a guy who was struggling to make ends meet as an agri-worker. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.

He robbed a norfolk post office, but used his own motorcycle for the getaway vehicle...

wasn't blue was it :laugh:

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

All interesting stuff,,, but I'm surprised at some of you just spilling your beans so easy,,,last thing you want is the tax man on your arse

All my stuff is cosha :angel: if other is not then thats up to them :thumbs:

Just your attitude........ :angel:

:air_kiss:

Chickens for laying and eating. Whack a load of hatching eggs on ebay, sell quail eggs too. Sell some mackeral and pigeon to my local posh pub, it's pocket money but better than nothing! Will be getting turkeys for next christmas too. Do a bit gardening/dog walking for neighbours for a fair whack...gotta do what you can!

Not sure what price you get per pound around you, but 2 years back, I got 20 turkey's and my 2 mates done the same, I sold all mine for £2.50/lb, and made a comfortable profit, whereas my mates wanted £3/lb, beleive it or not for that extra 50p, nobody wanted to know, So in the end they sold all theres at the local oven ready poultry sale, and lost a lot of money, so from there on in, that was the price I stuck to :thumbs:

I knew a guy who was struggling to make ends meet as an agri-worker. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.

He robbed a norfolk post office, but used his own motorcycle for the getaway vehicle...

wasn't blue was it :laugh:

your names not Julian is it?

I no a man who robbed a post office two told a few ppl and when he got in the police was waiting for him in the saferoom lol