bit on the side?

we all know with current agricultural wages at a low what do people do to earn that little extra spending money?

i recently went into a pub in arundel west sussex they had a really nice coffee table made of new railway sleeper.. thought that would be easy to make and looks great.. maybe a cheeky little extra cash to be made here

In the same boat , working on a yard as a Groom/Handyman/Caretaker, I only work 35 hours a week at just above minimum wage, I do anything I can, I used to do turkey's and trees at Christmas, Firewood in the winter, Mole trapping which I was not very good at, making bird boxes, rabbit hutches, ferret boxes, the odd brace of rabbits or a brace of table-ready ducks at the local pub.

If you have the get up and go, and a money making head, then you will always find work, help's if you can do a few things, the next thing I want to learn is making purse nets, also would love to learn leather work :thumbs:

Well I was till today, I decided to quit, so looks like this thread will be coming in handy for me over the next few weeks!!!

:icon_eek:

Cookie he had to quit as he was sexually harassing male members of staff there :bad::laugh:

You said if I told you the reason why I left you would not tell anyone :censored:

:laugh: :laugh: Joking aside I hope you find another job soon mate :thumbs:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carraghs Gem, on 23 October 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:   Im not very good at making things but im good at turning a profit, used to buy childrens riding ponys at general horse sales, clean them up a bit

I knew a guy who was struggling to make ends meet as an agri-worker. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the box. He robbed a norfolk post office, but used his own motorcycle for the getaway vehicle...

In the same boat , working on a yard as a Groom/Handyman/Caretaker, I only work 35 hours a week at just above minimum wage, I do anything I can, I used to do turkey's and trees at Christmas, Firewood

Posted Images

So do I !!! Its all rosey and good when you leave home, but when the shit hits the fan, you don't know what to do lol I have a few jobs to ring up about today, hopefully I get lucky with one of 'em!!!

Herts? Hertfordshire is that matey? Get yourself down to north london mate, tottenham high road theres plenty of work building the new stadium :thumbs:

So do I !!! Its all rosey and good when you leave home, but when the shit hits the fan, you don't know what to do lol I have a few jobs to ring up about today, hopefully I get lucky with one of 'em!!!

Herts? Hertfordshire is that matey? Get yourself down to north london mate, tottenham high road theres plenty of work building the new stadium :thumbs:

Yeah it is, and the problem is mate, its getting somewhere to live, London is known for being an expensive place to live, plus not driving is a pain in the arse, but really, I am looking at job's up and down the country, something I have never been afraid to do is start a-fresh.

And you mentioning it, I have been tempted to get my CSCS card in labouring, plenty of jobs up and down the country, and its a good bit above the minimum wage for my age.

Yeah it is, and the problem is mate, its getting somewhere to live, London is known for being an expensive place to live, plus not driving is a pain in the arse, but really, I am looking at job's up and down the country, something I have never been afraid to do is start a-fresh.

And you mentioning it, I have been tempted to get my CSCS card in labouring, plenty of jobs up and down the country, and its a good bit above the minimum wage for my age.

I can put you in touch with a fella i know that rents out propertys in the tottenham area :thumbs:

Get that card theres bound to be someting in tottenham mate, there building not just the stadium but new buildings are going up everywhere :thumbs: