Working kc parson russells

I reckon anyone who registers a terrier with the Kennel Club thesedays needs their heeds checked! After all they done to destroy our working types.

once your breeding to so called 'breed standards', then your no longer selecting purely on performance. Its all bad news to me.

Just my opinions

• Like 2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some people have no idea ... young KC dogs first time..some more KC stuff out and about ......Same price as any other terrier.. Papers if you want em Usually £150 jabbed ..Or free if I can trust you

ive worked a few parsons. from old groundhill/howlbeck lines. i found them handy enough.       had some fun with this lad. dont keep em now though. unless your going to show at kc. shows

KC do not tell you how and what to breed ..You breed whatever you want..As stated earlier only difference between a good type of russell and a parson is a bit of paper ..I dont register all my pups s

Posted Images

What is a Parson Russell, i've simply never bothered finding out... Is it simply a Jack Russell with papers, less working ability and an inflated price tag..???

The Parson Jack Russell Terrier Club (PJRTC) was first formed in 1983. In the main its committee and membership in those early days consisted of ex members of the Jack Russell Terrier Club of Great Britain (JRTCGB) who wanted to take the working Jack Russell Terrier down the Kennel Club route. It was something which the vast majority of JRTCGB members did not want and as a result this group broke away and formed their own club (PJRTC).

Following years of lobbying and representation, in January 1990 the Kennel Club eventually recognised the “Parson Jack Russell Terrier” as a separate breed from the Working Jack Russell Terrier despite their earlier history and in many instances common bloodlines as their working counterparts. If my memory serves me right, the Chairman of the PJRTC at that time was the late Barry Jones, who at that time was also Chairman of the Fell & Moorland WTC and the NWTF.

In August 1999, with the agreement of the Kennel Club the PJRTC dropped the word “Jack” from its title and the Kennel Club variation of the Working Jack Russell Terrier became known (as it is today) as the Parson Russell Terrier.

I suspect as is normally the case…. Bosun’s pretty much hit the nail on the head.

J.M.H.O. - Barrie

HANDY LOOKING TERRIERS DONNY C, :thumbs:

Yeah must be the foxterrier blood :victory::thumbs:

:D :D

What is a Parson Russell, i've simply never bothered finding out... Is it simply a Jack Russell with papers, less working ability and an inflated price tag..???

it started when a load of women broke away from the jrtcgb with the view to taking the jack russell into the kc -- saw a parson a few week ago shit jacket no undercoat snippy muzzle long tail dew claws on pink underbelly one cocked ear and long in the leg -- poor effort all round cost the proud new owner 550 notes .. i`d stay well clear or parsons and look at something else

Cheers Stig... The last fecking thing i'd want would be a Parson, along with White Lakies an Plummers... All created with a different agenda than earth work IMO. :yes:

I put the post up because in all honesty, though I sort of knew what they were, i'd never asked the question for a definitive answer. :thumbs:

it started when a load of women broke away from the jrtcgb with the view to taking the jack russell into the kc -- saw a parson a few week ago shit jacket no undercoat snippy muzzle long tail dew claws on pink underbelly one cocked ear and long in the leg -- poor effort all round cost the proud new owner 550 notes .. i`d stay well clear or parsons and look at something else

Cheers Stig... The last fecking thing i'd want would be a Parson, along with White Lakies an Plummers... All created with a different agenda than earth work IMO. :yes:

I put the post up because in all honesty, though I sort of knew what they were, i'd never asked the question for a definitive answer. :thumbs:

had white lakie types for years and while they suited my needs --i liked the look of em and they won me a few shows they dont make the best out n out grafing dogs ..

I reckon anyone who registers a terrier with the Kennel Club thesedays needs their heeds checked! After all they done to destroy our working types.

once your breeding to so called 'breed standards', then your no longer selecting purely on performance. Its all bad news to me.

Just my opinions

KC do not tell you how and what to breed ..You breed whatever you want..As stated earlier only difference between a good type of russell and a parson is a bit of paper ..I dont register all my pups sometimes Ill register one out a litter so what are its litter siblings Russells or parsons ???It was a long time joke with me registering did it for fun ..Most of them come from the same stock anyway...Some people just cannot grasp the true facts just like the borders if its registered it cant work, if it hasnt been registered it will if bred right ..A bit of paper is just that a bit of paper bloody terrier doesnt know its registered does it..A breed standard is the owners preference not the KC But even there standard isnt far from the FMWTC s
  • Like 4

Just my opinions

KC do not tell you how and what to breed ..You breed whatever you want..As stated earlier only difference between a good type of russell and a parson is a bit of paper ..I dont register all my pups sometimes Ill register one out a litter so what are its litter siblings Russells or parsons ???It was a long time joke with me registering did it for fun ..Most of them come from the same stock anyway...Some people just cannot grasp the true facts just like the borders if its registered it cant work, if it hasnt been registered it will if bred right ..A bit of paper is just that a bit of paper bloody terrier doesnt know its registered does it..A breed standard is the owners preference not the KC But even there standard isnt far from the FMWTC s

If all your worried about is working terriers then why would you entertain the Kennel Club? They are a bunch of muppets that dont have the working ability of the breed at heart.

If, like you say, it means nothing to you, why do you register some of your stock?

• Like 1

If your refering to me, when you write 'some people just cannot grasp the true facts, if its registered it wont work', thats not the point Im making. Im not saying if its registered it wont work. Im saying WHY REGISTER with the kennel club, after all the bad they have done to the working breeds over the years????

Theres no way you do it for the good of the terrier as a working animal. Its either so you can sell for sill money, or to enter shows like crufts?? lol

If your refering to me, when you write 'some people just cannot grasp the true facts, if its registered it wont work', thats not the point Im making. Im not saying if its registered it wont work. Im saying WHY REGISTER with the kennel club, after all the bad they have done to the working breeds over the years????

Theres no way you do it for the good of the terrier as a working animal. Its either so you can sell for sill money, or to enter shows like crufts?? lol

Never been to a show for years only the hunting festival at Peterborough so thats out :tongue2: What bad have the KC done??? Do they come round and do your mating?? NO ..Money ??mine are cheaper than 99% of terriers advertised as stated £150 jabbed fair price dont you think??? I register odd ones because I can..As stated and stig knows it was my intention to go to crufts with a grafter just for the craic non docking stopped that ..Getting old now and memory fades but if I want to check a breeding or a past litter its just a click away..You just cannot grasp it can you? KC do not and cannot tell you what to breed to what thats your choice not theres ....Look up the breed standard of the KC on a parson it could fit any breed of working terrier and not far out either ..Its the breeders after the coin that feck any breed not the KC
  • Like 3

some people have no idea ... :whistling:post-2037-0-57405500-1349927962_thumb.jpg young KC dogs first time..some more KC stuff out and about ..post-2037-0-48146500-1349928199_thumb.jpg....Same price as any other terrier.. Papers if you want em Usually £150 jabbed ..Or free if I can trust you

Very nice :yes: When you bringing my one over? ;)