brian brinded

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I brought a quick set net off Brian 12 or 15 years ago, and It's still going strong, however that was in another lifetime going by these reports, it certainly doesn't sound a very good business model.

must admit I have a 100 yard quick set and basket from Brian that is 20 year old that's still going strong 

I hate to be the odd one out but I ordered some nets from Brian Brinded last season and they arrived within the week and I've had no problems with them at all, which is saying something considering the ivy, brambles, hawthorn, blackthorn, nettles etc they have to contend with.

I bought and paid for a 25yd stop net and cradle at the midland several years ago ,left it with him till I wanted to leave but on my return he never had any left ?.We exchanged words, it got heated and Brinded reached in his pouch for the refund .The wad of notes that he drew out was never counted but lets just say ...........I never lost out .

Nasty little hobbitses.

I bought some purse nets off them this season and have to repair them every time I use them.

Speaking frankly you get what you pay for!

It always amazes me that people still buy this type of cheap crap when you have skilled netmakers selling quality hand made nets for a mere £2.50 or less - and that's too bloody cheap anyway!

Do yourself a favour and throw your crap away! Then, get in touch with a proper netmaker and secure yourself some nets that will last a lifetime.

Crow

I bought some purse nets off them this season and have to repair them every time I use them.

What type of netting is it ?? i.e 4z , 6z,, 10z, colour,, ?? ive had a few p.m's from other lads regarding poor quality purse nets and longnets ?? the £££'s come before quality these days iam afraid !! what has happened to good old fashioned gear at a reasonable price ??......

the £££'s come before quality these days iam afraid !! what has happened to good old fashioned gear at a reasonable price ??......

Absolutely right Netrigger, these days it's all about how cheap something is.

I had a guy at the Midland complain that the quality hand made nets we were selling were too expensive at £2.50 - what a tw@t! It takes half an hour to knit (and at minimum wage that's over £2.50), it takes at least 10 minutes to find, cut and shape the peg, and then we have the cost of the rings (about 20p), the draw cord (about 20p) and of course the twine to knit the net (about £1.00) and you get tw@ts say that at £2.50 they are expensive :wallbash:

Still, we all learn in the end to buy what will last, not what is cheapest at the time :yes:

Foxdropper - cheers!

Crow

Iam with you on that one Crow,, its foolish to penny pinch on be it purse or long nets !! if you need a quality net/ nets , the catch rate and the ease of handling of a hand made net will soon will put the machine nets to the grave!! dont get me wrong the machine made nets have there place in the rabbit catchers bag ,, personally i still use them this day and age but the m/c made nets i have are of good quality compared to the shit thats doing the rounds these days !! long net wise these days machine made nets are cheap and efective!! but the life span on these types of nets are limited to the seriouse netter,, there like disposable razors !! use them a couple of times then bin them,,!!! if you have the right contacts you can still get quality machine made nets at a reasonable price if you grudge paying for a hand made net,, which in my opinion is foolish,

Crow, agree with you 100%, it never ceases to amaze me at the amount of people that have absolutely no comprehension of the price of good quality materials, when the moaning b*****d.s complain about the price, you should give them the materials and tell them to make their own and say you'll buy the nets back off them when they're done and see how many take you up on the offer, I've done this, not with nets mind, but the end result will no doubt be exactly the same.

Speaking frankly you get what you pay for!

It always amazes me that people still buy this type of cheap crap when you have skilled netmakers selling quality hand made nets for a mere £2.50 or less - and that's too bloody cheap anyway!

Do yourself a favour and throw your crap away! Then, get in touch with a proper netmaker and secure yourself some nets that will last a lifetime.

Crow

Exactly. :thumbs:

• 15 years later...

I brought a quick set net off Brian 12 or 15 years ago, and It's still going strong, however that was in another lifetime going by these reports, it certainly doesn't sound a very good business model. The rabbit world is a small one & bad word of mouth can see sales drop away at a very fast rate. My go-to saying in these matters is this," anybody can make a mistake while in business, it's what happens from that point on that really matters."

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, toolebox said:

I brought a quick set net off Brian 12 or 15 years ago, and It's still going strong, however that was in another lifetime going by these reports, it certainly doesn't sound a very good business model. The rabbit world is a small one & bad word of mouth can see sales drop away at a very fast rate. My go-to saying in these matters is this," anybody can make a mistake while in business, it's what happens from that point on that really matters."

must admit I have a 100 yard quick set and basket from Brian that is 20 year old that's still going strong 

• Like 1