Plummer owners past and present

The new blood was introduced fifteen years ago, now is the time to appraise the results honestly, if this breed is ever to move forward then all owners must come forward and contribute.

If another outcross is needed, then lets get on with it as a whole, but there can be no re writting the breed standard to suit, otherwise they will cease to be terriers and we might as well all go home....

I have had contributions from all 3 clubs members so nobody is untouched by this and I thank them for their input but there are many still out there that think these issues will just go away.

I agree that there may still be a need to use another outcross along the lines of a red patt or similar but the breed needs to be assessed as to how far it has come up to date,the breed standards should always remain the same and it is up to us to breed stock to that standard that are healthy and will reproduce true to type progeny,WM

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big G,I spent all the late 70's,'s,90's breeding hybrids of plummers and most big name terriers untill 2002 just for work on fox as it was my main quarry both professionally and as an avid amateur,but

Sparky,"fully able" means exactly that and not "fully experienced",these dogs from last year have shown their full potential from an early age as they are not limited to going out 1 day a week but 7da

WM i have just proposed such a thing to the pta committee, a group or sub committee it matters not what the name is, but tracing old lines which can be brought back in to use and collaborating closer

Posted Images

Being new to the Plummer,[ mines just turned 12 month] i see people keep mentioning keeping to the breed standard, could somone put a link up to, or post on here, the breed standard as i havent seen it anywere, and while Legion and WC have both mention,d the possability of a new outcross [TBH i know very little about the first one as mine,s not from the outcross lines] a better coat on the Plummer wouldnt go amiss, you might as well kill two birds with one stone, just my twopennyworth, buster.

The coats tend to be thin don't they ..

I've never owned a plummer with a bad coat or even bred one,its also never been mentioned so far in all the faults I've recieved.HOWEVER,I will say how surprised I am at the number of problems there have been with all the registered clubs and there are a few patterns emerging,for the sake of this little dog I would hope all 3 clubs could form a working committee to eliminate these faults and stop arguing over personal ego's,all I will say is that you should all be ashamed at the standard of the pups you have produced considering the time you have had in control of the breed,there is no way this breed is ready for K C registration,be honest with yourselves and look at the time you have been in charge and what has been achieved in that time,step aside and let people who care do something about it,this is just my personal opinion and we will probably still be talking of this in another 15yrs,WM

only ever owned 1 plummer bitch died at the age of 5 of lepto, she was from a man called phil fish from ammanford wales i think she was out of a dog called sonatal nailer . i would like to own another but the silly prices put me off i only payed 100 quid for the bitch. atb sp

why are you worried about kc reg when the working ability should come top with health, and for coat why not use wire haired russells to outcross

They aren't worried about KC recognition till the faults are ironed out ;) , A wire haired russell would be the wrong choice as they are bred for smooth coats :thumbs:

The coats tend to be thin don't they ..

I've never owned a plummer with a bad coat or even bred one,its also never been mentioned so far in all the faults I've recieved.HOWEVER,I will say how surprised I am at the number of problems there have been with all the registered clubs and there are a few patterns emerging,for the sake of this little dog I would hope all 3 clubs could form a working committee to eliminate these faults and stop arguing over personal ego's,all I will say is that you should all be ashamed at the standard of the pups you have produced considering the time you have had in control of the breed,there is no way this breed is ready for K C registration,be honest with yourselves and look at the time you have been in charge and what has been achieved in that time,step aside and let people who care do something about it,this is just my personal opinion and we will probably still be talking of this in another 15yrs,WM

I Dont own or ever have owned a plummer so cant comment on faults breeding ect but WC fair play to you your heart is in the right place concerning the P.T. Though after reading threads and listening to people in the know your best doing something yourself if thats possible because someone with an EGO cant change .. It Will ALWAY'S Be About THEM Not The Breed ... Maybe there are people like~minded as yourself who could work with you , This is just an observation , good luck with your Aims/Hopes concerning the P.T. :thumbs: Edited by lanesra
  • Like 3

we will probably still be talking of this in another 15yrs WM

​Bet your house on it WM. All this crap was around when the Plummer 'revival' started and has gotten worse over the years. Its the reason folk like myself and Curtis Price stayed away from the clubs, committees etc.

You seem to be of a similar mind,doing it your way with the right aims. Good luck WM,I hope you are successful. Bringing this much needed information to light is the way forward. It's what is done with it that will make a difference.

• Like 1