Plummer owners past and present

This is a genuine plea for any plummer owners that have had any health problems to either PM me with the details or post here,issues have been raised about certain lines carrying health problems on another thread and the various registered clubs will not release any info on them so I would like to keep a record for my own use,I would prefer a pm if poss,any info recieved will not be passed on without consent,WM

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big G,I spent all the late 70's,'s,90's breeding hybrids of plummers and most big name terriers untill 2002 just for work on fox as it was my main quarry both professionally and as an avid amateur,but

Sparky,"fully able" means exactly that and not "fully experienced",these dogs from last year have shown their full potential from an early age as they are not limited to going out 1 day a week but 7da

WM i have just proposed such a thing to the pta committee, a group or sub committee it matters not what the name is, but tracing old lines which can be brought back in to use and collaborating closer

Posted Images

had a bitch till the age of 14yrs out of c prices mask no genuine problems at to be pts due to cancer

on her face great bitch never was lame or any limps right upto her dimise

mate who bred her had brother till 16yrs old and there offspring still about age 10 no issues up to now

atb

This is a genuine plea for any plummer owners that have had any health problems to either PM me with the details or post here,issues have been raised about certain lines carrying health problems on another thread and the various registered clubs will not release any info on them so I would like to keep a record for my own use,I would prefer a pm if poss,any info recieved will not be passed on without consent,WM

It would be good if somone with no affiliation to any perticular club or register would compile a list of faulty lines and open it up for others to use, would you consider it WC, presuming the info comes rolling in, be good of you if you did, buster.

Had this debate on here already, I posted about my dog fitting and was told it couldn't be possible.so I'm not wasteing time just to be told that past long dead dogs can't have past faults on...good luck with finding out anything.you will find nobody wants to admit there bloody line is a bad one ...more so when pups are selling and stud dogs are winning shows

Had this debate on here already, I posted about my dog fitting and was told it couldn't be possible.so I'm not wasteing time just to be told that past long dead dogs can't have past faults on...good luck with finding out anything.you will find nobody wants to admit there bloody line is a bad one ...more so when pups are selling and stud dogs are winning shows

BBB,I know we already discussed it but would you please pm me with the details and sire and dam if poss,I will be compiling a record for reference and hard facts cannot be ignored,I realise there may be a wall of silence in this sensitive time during an application for KC but in the interests of the breed honesty should come first,I have no affiliation to any club and as such am completely independant,Buster I believe this will answer your question as well,WM
  • Like 2

I've had no health issues with the one's i've had,one might be a bit pigeon toed and barrel chested but that's it and both are 6 years now.

Reminds me of mine, pigeon toed, barrel chested, tennis elbow, 3 legs, blind in one eye & deaf........apart from that he had no health issues. His name was Lucky

• Like 3

Pigeon toed and barrel chests aren't really health issues,they might not be desirable traits but they ain't health threatening as it were and as long as they don't stop her from doing what i want from her then not an issue to me. :thumbs:

I will start the ball rolling, as mentioed before on this site, legion used various lines, coalport, sonotal, the new bull blood and remlap. After fifteen years, the lines i prefer are the red/max stock, both lived to a good age, red never developed any health issues and max passed away full of beans but senile. Remlap stock was always full on but as far as know healthy.

The sonotal line started with Todd over the new blood bitch lucy, producing NPG alpha, the house dog loved food and a tad overweight, after a night out lamping with the pack she collapsed, recovered but developed epilepsy and had to be put to sleep at six. her granddaughter died of a massive infection caused by the process of being mated, dead within two days.

Mask,new blood is still runnnig around at a grand age so is some of his stock.

There has been a lot written about faults in legion lines, my preferred lines are the new blood, coalport, legion red lines and a dash of remlap, i would now avoid anything with sonatal blood in the future.

• Like 1

I will start the ball rolling, as mentioed before on this site, legion used various lines, coalport, sonotal, the new bull blood and remlap. After fifteen years, the lines i prefer are the red/max stock, both lived to a good age, red never developed any health issues and max passed away full of beans but senile. Remlap stock was always full on but as far as know healthy.

The sonotal line started with Todd over the new blood bitch lucy, producing NPG alpha, the house dog loved food and a tad overweight, after a night out lamping with the pack she collapsed, recovered but developed epilepsy and had to be put to sleep at six. her granddaughter died of a massive infection caused by the process of being mated, dead within two days.

Mask,new blood is still runnnig around at a grand age so is some of his stock.

There has been a lot written about faults in legion lines, my preferred lines are the new blood, coalport, legion red lines and a dash of remlap, i would now avoid anything with sonatal blood in the future.

Thanks for your opinion and your honesty TIM it is very much appreciated,a PM will do if anyone does not wish to post,so far I have had a few from unexpected sources and all are welcome,I would like the dam and sire to be named of any info given,thanks,WM

The new blood was introduced fifteen years ago, now is the time to appraise the results honestly, if this breed is ever to move forward then all owners must come forward and contribute.

If another outcross is needed, then lets get on with it as a whole, but there can be no re writting the breed standard to suit, otherwise they will cease to be terriers and we might as well all go home....

• Like 3