Hatton to fight Senchenko

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats a stupid reply, given the fact that hatton has never tested positive,had world title fights and has done more for british boxing than alot of fighters in the last ten years........but as always

Had a look at this Senchenkos record earlier....35 years old so older than Hatton.....last fight he was knocked out by Malignagi who cant punch through a crisp packet dont think he,s ever knocked anyo

calzaghe?????

calzaghe with his perfect record ducked and dodged everyone good until they where old and nackerd,like the 39 year old roy jones jr and am sure hopkins was finished by the time calzaghe fought him

Careful mate your not supposed to say things like that this is British sport we,re talking about................the only nation in the world who treats sportsmen like a reality tv show !.............Hatton,Gascoigne,O Sullivan................some of the most popular sportsmen of recent times......all loveable rogue,boy next door types...........all undisciplined,out of control fools who disrespected their sports and got away with it due to their " popularity ".......only in Britain is drinking yourself silly,shoving burgers in your face and losing your mind seen as a good thing, because we can " relate " to them !!!!.....what does that say about British culture and sport..............how otherwise intelligent people can fall for it amazes me..................................Calzaghe might of been more obssessed with an unbeaten record than fighting and beating the best..................but at least he lived the athletes life,but then maybe thats why he,s not that popular !!.....strange reversed psycology we have to sport in this country.

Its not only sport.Its in all the money industrys mate look at the music industry for instance

calzaghe with his perfect record ducked and dodged everyone good until they where old and nackerd,like the 39 year old roy jones jr and am sure hopkins was finished by the time calzaghe fought him,and i didnt like his slapping style of fighting either.

Yeah Hopkins was finished, even though he went on to win a light heavyweight world title a few fights later... :rolleyes:

calzaghe with his perfect record ducked and dodged everyone good until they where old and nackerd,like the 39 year old roy jones jr and am sure hopkins was finished by the time calzaghe fought him,and i didnt like his slapping style of fighting either.

Yeah Hopkins was finished, even though he went on to win a light heavyweight world title a few fights later... :rolleyes:

Even Calzaghe couldnt see into the future Malt......fighting and beating 2 great fighters of their generation in their prime is a brilliant accomplishment...............waiting until they are 40 odd years old cannot be seen in the same light...............theres every chance he could of beat them in their prime,but sadly nobody will ever know.

Likewise would Hatton of beat Tszyu or Castillo in their prime instead of right at the end of their careers......doubtful looking back......timing of fights is often an art ;)

Edited by gnasher16

Even Calzaghe couldnt see into the future Malt......fighting and beating 2 great fighters of their generation in their prime is a brilliant accomplishment...............waiting until they are 40 odd years old cannot be seen in the same light...............theres every chance he could of beat them in their prime,but sadly nobody will ever know.

Likewise would Hatton of beat Tszyu or Castillo in their prime instead of right at the end of their careers......doubtful looking back......timing of fights is often an art ;)

Gnash we've had this conversation before mate and I know your stance on it, but Calzaghe was a world champ too and they both knew where he was.. I don't recall either of them calling Joe out with any real enthusiam, they were in no rush to face him here or there.. I know you feel a fighter needs to go to the US to prove himself at the very highest level, but if either of them really wanted him over there to prove themselves against him, they didn't seem to make any real effort to try making it happen.. You could look at it two ways - either they didn't see him as a big enough fish or they didnt fancy facing an awkward fighter with quick hands..

I say this with tounge in cheek mate, but sometimes I think you'd have a very different opinion of Joe if he was a fighter who came through one of the London gyms instead of being trained by his old man in a little place in the valleys with no real pedigree or history behind it! :laugh::thumbs:

I cant see how Calzaghe ducked anyone, if he had ducked the mandatory fights he would have been stripped of his titles, you can only fight the best of the bunch that were around at the time, Calzaghe retired at 36, which aint young for a boxer :thumbs:

Imo ricky hatton was a decent boxer but just didnt have it in him like mayweather.but tbh calazaghe was one of the all time greats in his division.people saying saying he ducked out of fights these lads never challenged him while world champion.next ye,ll be sqying david haye is gona knock out klitchkos in his dreams lol.

Yea a think hopkins beat the mighty jean pascal on points a few years later to win the wbc belt, lost couple more fights after that then retired.

Dont think im a calzaghie hater cos am not ,but certain people rate him higher than what he actually was.

I say this with tounge in cheek mate, but sometimes I think you'd have a very different opinion of Joe if he was a fighter who came through one of the London gyms instead of being trained by his old man in a little place in the valleys with no real pedigree or history behind it! :laugh::thumbs:

You dont need to say it tongue in cheek mate i accept im probably a touch biased towards East End fighters....but im not completely blinkered..........

What you need to remember is Calzaghe held the WBO title,by far the least prestigious of the belts......why didnt he want to unify the belts ?......as a " world " champion you should face the world anywhere in the world.............like you say we,ve probably had the conversation before so no need going over old ground......but who do you think is better known WORLDWIDE in the boxing world Joe Calzaghe or Roy Jones ?........kind of tells its own story when Calzaghe beat him in a fight and was unbeaten in his career ;)

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

gnasher ricky hatton didnt put bums on seats and fill arena all over the world because he liked a fry up and a pint of guniness

What was it then ? ................If it wasnt for the " boy next door "........" one of the lads " popularity contest thing........then what was it ?

You dont need to say it tongue in cheek mate i accept im probably a touch biased towards East End fighters....but im not completely blinkered..........

What you need to remember is Calzaghe held the WBO title,by far the least prestigious of the belts......why didnt he want to unify the belts ?......as a " world " champion you should face the world anywhere in the world.............like you say we,ve probably had the conversation before so no need going over old ground......but who do you think is better known WORLDWIDE in the boxing world Joe Calzaghe or Roy Jones ?........kind of tells its own story when Calzaghe beat him in a fight and was unbeaten in his career ;)

Nothing wrong with a bit of bias mate, shows you're proud of your area and your roots! :good: I'm exactly the same where Calzaghe is concerned, he can do no wrong in my eyes! :laugh: It don't really matter to me if Jones was the better fighter because at the end of the day. he ain't Welsh! He has got a Welsh surname though,wonder if we can lay any claim to him.... :hmm::laugh::thumbs:

Nothing wrong with a bit of bias mate, shows you're proud of your area and your roots! :good: I'm exactly the same where Calzaghe is concerned, he can do no wrong in my eyes! :laugh: It don't really matter to me if Jones was the better fighter because at the end of the day. he ain't Welsh! He has got a Welsh surname though,wonder if we can lay any claim to him.... :hmm::laugh::thumbs:

cant really lay claim to a "calzaghe" tho can you........... :hmm: saying he is welsh is like saying kahn is english................... :thumbs:

cant really lay claim to a "calzaghe" tho can you........... :hmm: saying he is welsh is like saying kahn is english................... :thumbs:

a dog born in a stable is still a bloody dog ain't it? :doh::laugh: You try telling him he ain't welsh if you ever bump into him but get a mate to film it because I reckon the outcome would be fecking hilarious! :D