Hatred of Fox.

Guest bezza

I don't think any type of dog really 'hates' foxes?

Maybe they don't 'hate' in the same way we do in an emotional sense but most canines do have an natural inbuilt intolerance for smaller canine species and will chase them away when encountered.. :yes::thumbs:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my experience you can often tell if a dog is going to switch on to this type of quarry. Other times it's quite often an event or set of circumstances that flips the switch....this can go either wa

Seen dogs that are very aggressive towards others dogs but up against fox have spat them out and watch them run away.Seen the quietest off dogs go out there way to kill fox.Its simple as this some dog

most dogs have a hatred of foxs and pre ban this was used to good effect, however nowadays were all confined to rats and rabbits

I don't think any type of dog really 'hates' foxes?

Maybe they don't 'hate' in the same way we do in an emotional sense but most canines do have an natural inbuilt intolerance for smaller canine species and will chase them away when encountered.. :yes::thumbs:

Good point Mal. Just after watching the dogs, it seems more like they are absolutly loving it, hyper and happy as feck, rather than angry. :hmm: They seem to really relish tackling big stuff, more so than bunnys? And stuff that bites back, you see them track tree rats and its always with a certain fury.

Edited by Ideation

Yes rabbits and hares are seen as prey by the dog. But a dog which genuinely hates foxes or cats acts completely differently.

It's a bit like an agressive dog straining and itching to get at another dog.

Not at all lad,i've a bitch here who at 15 months i ran out the lamp on her own on the first fox she really ever saw.She caught and killed him,no messin.This bitch is now nearly 3,is 100% single handed and has never shown a bad moment to any other dog.You are talking shite like most of the clowns that are active on this website.All the best.

Yes rabbits and hares are seen as prey by the dog. But a dog which genuinely hates foxes or cats acts completely differently.

It's a bit like an agressive dog straining and itching to get at another dog.

Not at all lad,i've a bitch here who at 15 months i ran out the lamp on her own on the first fox she really ever saw.She caught and killed him,no messin.This bitch is now nearly 3,is 100% single handed and has never shown a bad moment to any other dog.You are talking shite like most of the clowns that are active on this website.All the best.

I think you need to go back and read my post a little more carefully and consider editing your own post.

At no point did I say that dogs which dispaly antipathy toward foxes also display dog aggression.

Edited by bezza

Seen dogs that are very aggressive towards others dogs but up against fox have spat them out and watch them run away.Seen the quietest off dogs go out there way to kill fox.Its simple as this some dogs will and some dogs wont that goes for all breeds.

yes true, its is strange because couple dogs kick off and mean it, and say about the same size say about 60-70 lb, and get stuck in. Where as they dont want fight+ kill a little 18lb fox strange animals are dogs .?

Seen dogs that are very aggressive towards others dogs but up against fox have spat them out and watch them run away.Seen the quietest off dogs go out there way to kill fox.Its simple as this some dogs will and some dogs wont that goes for all breeds.

yes true, its is strange because couple dogs kick off and mean it, and say about the same size say about 60-70 lb, and get stuck in. Where as they dont want fight+ kill a little 18lb fox strange animals are dogs .?

most dog fights are rarely to the death, more a show of status where as with a fox it would have been about the kill not status. if the dog had the metal that is :thumbs:
  • Like 1

I'm not sure its the bite back tbh, wolves kill foxes don't they as they see them as competition? Perhaps its something along those lines?

My dog got bit by a rabbit but he doesn't hate them :)

maybe its terrortorial, goshawks will kill sparrowhawks and owls with relish, i know for a fact that fox scent does things to dogs that no other scent seems to be able to do, if my dogs are running a scent i can tell from their actions as to what there scenting :thumbs:
  • Like 1