• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gag it wi ur todger

your a brave lad for wapping your todger out near a nippy ferret

I just got a big Poley hob kit, off a geezer that had 3 or 4 litters in one big run and they were all nippy, well vicious really, because of no handling. Well when matey went to get his falconers glov

We used to use a block of coal tar soap,wash you hands in it,then your usual whistle on approach to the hutch,When you open the hutch make sure the first thing in the cage is the bar of soap,let the ferret bite on it it usually is a hard bite first time,leave it to spit and try to eject the taste from its mouth,then handle it do that for a while,usually around a week and the ferret soon learns to identify the smell before it has a bite,if you continually wash your hands in that soap for say a month,and its own memorie will do the rest,dont mess around when you pick them up neither,jerking your fingers away will just invite a bite,

hope this helps [works for me ]I know people will give you many different veiws on this,

regards

Darren

• Like 1

I just got a big Poley hob kit, off a geezer that had 3 or 4 litters in one big run and they were all nippy, well vicious really, because of no handling. Well when matey went to get his falconers glove, I reached in an grabbed the one I wanted, which was also nippy,and after a few taps on the nose and a firm "No" He still wasnt taking notice. So I offered my knuckle to him and when he went for it, I rammed it in his mouth till he realised he really didnt want it in his mouth, 5 mins later he was like a little kitten and I took him home in my pocket. He has not tried to bite me since. This is the first time Ive tried this old school method and it seemed to work.

• Like 2

ive tried the force the fist into the throat, tried making them gag on my finger, tried scruffing them, tried scruffing them whilst slightly shaking and growling, tried shouting no, tried giving them a gentle tap on the nose whilst shouting no. Only thing left for it is to piss all over em

Hold it round the shoulders with the index finger and thumb round its neck so it can't turn round and bite the hand that's holding it, and with the other hand make a fist (so the skin is too tight for the ferret to get a grip of) and spit on the top of your hand. Let the ferret lick the spit off your hand and do that a few times a day, eventually the ferret will get used to your scent and should stop biting. Keep a bucket of water near by just in case it somehow does get hold of you but it shouldn't be able to if you do it this way. If it does manage to grab hold just dunk it's bottom half in the water and it'll soon let go.

I wouldn't flick, shake, force fingers down throat etc. etc. as that's just going to make them want to bite you even more IMO.

My jill was an absolute twat when I first got her (from a rescue centre), and I mean she would go mental trying to grab hold. It took a good two or three weeks of doing the above before she'd stop trying to bite me and even now, three years later, I'm the only person she won't try and bite. I think some ferrets are just nippier than others for some reason.

Just keep handling it (ferret that is lol). FFS my seven year old gets my ferrets tame. She puts them on a harness and lead and walks them around the garden n handles them every day. They soon stop biting. If she can hold a ferret in the correct way so that she does not get bitten im sure grown men can.

• Like 2

Who the f**k pisses on a ferret,, you need to get another hobby mate

Just keep handling the wee thing, they all come good in time. Spit on yer hand and let it lick it off,, gently pushing a knuckle into the mouth to make it gag will also put it off biting,

be aware that kits explore there surroundings by biting them, they are not strictly being eveil wee b*****ds, they just seem that way.

Pissing on a ferret. Jesusfuckinghelpus

• Like 2