salmon!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I may I would like to relate some disturbing news to all readers.   While huge bags of wood pigeons are shot over the winter, nearly all are used for food of one kind or another. So there may be

I know the water welll ...that was some flood I was picking carrots out of some trees yesterday to feed ducks they recon the river rose 15'....RIP FRED

The Fishins that bad in the West I have had to get out and get a High from Puddle Fishing!!      

Posted Images

Hows everyone getting on with Salmon fishing at the moment, going for a big day out tomorrow

Hi Polecat. How much does it cost to fish for salmon?

It costs me a one off payment of £20. For than I get to fish a two mile stretch of the River Speen in Scotland, and a title. I am the Laird of Lochaber ! I bought the title with the deeds of my property from Ebay. Beat that !

• 3 weeks later...

sorry havnt been on here for a while , had 2 salmon of around 8lb yesterday on the north tyne both on red flying c clean fish , lots of fish starting to smash through now as has been quit slow so far but alot of fish are getting caught now and seeing alot , last 2 weeks now TIGHT LINES everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

well last day of the season seen me out at 7am got to river for7.30ish and had a 6lb cleanish hen on a copper toby by 8am wish this would happin more often lol,good to see as many anglers out trying there luck in the pissing rain,had a good few lauphs way the older folkes,water was an ideal height first thing hooked a decent brown trout on the copper toby aswell on splashed on top of water and off,water came down very big in no time

That is the rods away for another season and can finaly take the rod carriers of the truck ....there were 6 on mon 9 on tues with a 18 pounder 22 pounder and a big coloured cock fish of 26lb taken .....I was out lampin on tues and the wind was still building when I got back home in the early hours my fears were confirmed when I saw the water first thing leaves leaves and more leaves and river riseing there must of been a bit of rain on the hill .....I tried all the tricks single hook fly with the bard flat big hackle and leaveing a bit of nylon long after your knot to act as a guard but every cast produced a leave so had a few hours with a fying C and a single hook but nothing .......not been much fish showing this season as the water has ben higher than average but there have been 325 taken and most returned ....time to get on the vice and tie some secret weapons and hopefully get into a big grey back springer in a few months