This bitch of mine has some Parkes blood,and old Nuttall

The dam is old nuttall and grafts well for her owner,the sire who had alot of Parks blood was hard on all quarry,and this bitch(photo) will start this season if i can hold her back! J

interesting post,i too am interested in the dogs from the last teriermen,what other lines are still going

(don't mean to hijack your thread Simoman)i had a dog which had Cowan's bloodlines in,he was very hard

but was one of the very best dog's i ever owned,even though he was on the big side,but still spannable

(just),not many people ever mention the old time terrier breeders and it would be interesting to see how many of the old terrier lines are still bred today especially on a 'live medium',all the best,

Higgins.

hi mate- my old man and grandfather kept parks terriers for a lot of years, still have a 9 year old dog here and grandfather the dogs dam who is still keen as fook at 14 year old. dont know much about the line myself but if you search parks terrier on this forum there is a thread knocking about with a pic of our old dog and a couple of good replies about the line.

atb

adam

• 1 year later...

hard to get hold of the line now they dont go to any tom,dick and harry,but a mate of mine who i do a bit of digging with got a little red dog around 13" but a little tank.hes a pure parkes dog very hard but sensible not dum, great little dog,id like hi in my kennels. ;)

ive recently got a young dog of these lines, somehow the dog fell into the wrong hands and i ended up homing the dog. hes about a 15months and hadnt been worked till a week ago and showed great promise and very keen, im going on some permission tomorrow with him to do some digging so il take plenty of pics and put them up :clapper:

Just wondering if anyone has kept or keeps stock from John Parks. He seems one of the few "names" I haven't heard a bad word about.......

I had dogs either off John, or out of his stuff a few years back. To be honest Simo I couldn't fault 'em, though the dogs did take a while to settle down to start, they took a bit more stick than I'd like as youngsters.

Wolfy off here still keeps the line and if you want to know the caliber of his stock his last post should answer that! ;)