Buzzards eating poults

Right lads, got buzzards atacking my poults at a rapid rate. Got strings hung up in pens with yellow safety tape, feed bags hung up ect ect. What else can a try, got some bunnys there to hang around. Cheers guys.

I think you know the answer to your question mate :whistling::thumbs:

atb Andri

In that case you will have to do what i do ,take off all your clothes run around the pen a few times singing at the top of your voice ,then drop to your knees ,hold your head in your hands and sob uncontrolably,repeating "why me you b*****ds,why me".The Buzzards felt so sorry for me they f--ked off to my neighbours shoot!!!!!

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

the best you can do is try to discourage them untill the poults gets bigger. majestic they may be but in reality a fecking menace. the laws need amending but nobody in government has the bollocks to speak out for fear of a lefty backlash :thumbs:

• Like 3

for a start i'd put the rabbit's well away from the pen cos once the rabbits av gone then they want birds.Can't you get hold of any strong mesh (metal) ,if Buzzard's are getting in it wont be long before mr fox is having ago . good luck mate

Edited by s horsfield

for a start i'd put the rabbit's well away from the pen cos once the rabbits av gone then they want birds.Can't you get hold of any strong mesh (metal) ,if Buzzard's are getting in it wont be long before mr fox is having ago . good luck mate

The buzzards will be flying into the pen, release pens don't have top mesh on the pen. They have mesh on the sides with funnels and pop holes allowing poults back into the pen but not charlie. Most also have an electric fence around to discourage fox and badger from entering the pens. Unless charlie grows wings he won't get in to the pens.

try asking local twichers to pay you a fee to let them come a watch the buzzards at work ask defra or rspb for compensation not a hope in hell about the same chance of getting rid of the problem of buzzards legaly as a permit to cull will never be granted so much for shooting organisations sticking up for their members (paper tigers) because in todays politic/law if you throw enough money at the problem you get the result you want thats my rant over .We cut down our loses by opening the pop holes from day one in the hope that the poults become streetwise after a few attacks by the buzzards brave or daft move all i can say is it has stopped multiple kills in the pen for the last few seasons we can take this action as we have a lot of ground cover on the shoot at the time we get our poults.A.T.B. haveagood season.

• Like 1

try asking local twichers to pay you a fee to let them come a watch the buzzards at work ask defra or rspb for compensation not a hope in hell about the same chance of getting rid of the problem of buzzards legaly as a permit to cull will never be granted so much for shooting organisations sticking up for their members (paper tigers) because in todays politic/law if you throw enough money at the problem you get the result you want thats my rant over .We cut down our loses by opening the pop holes from day one in the hope that the poults become streetwise after a few attacks by the buzzards brave or daft move all i can say is it has stopped multiple kills in the pen for the last few seasons we can take this action as we have a lot of ground cover on the shoot at the time we get our poults.A.T.B. haveagood season.

never understand why folks close popholes anyway even wing clipped birds will get out and guarantee theres, a hole in the fence somewhere so if they popholes is closed how would they birds get back in

• Like 2