Hi all. Just wanting some advice, I have 9 chickens. 4 of which were purchased about 3month ago as point of lay. All 4were laying and the other 5older birds were laying every other day. Since I put the new birds together with the other older birds they all stopped laying after about 2weeks and haven't started again this has been about 2 and a half month. Worm ed them and no signs of red mite. I also have lots lots of squirrels in my area that I try and keep on top of with the air gun and traps. Any ideas what's wrong?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put a egg in 1 of the nest boxes if it disappears you'll know eggs are being taken

To be honest don't think anything is takin them as some days i am down there from early morning to evening and never see anything goin on. 4of the chickens were point of lay about 3month ago and were laying good then all of a sudden nothin. Cost best part of 50 quid for 4 and no eggs but still bag after bag of food.

I am wondering are they free range mate,if so how far do they wonder,?? are they laying outside under hedge,have they plenty of grit?I just put some point of lay pullets in with mine,I have 6 old ones and get four eggs every day, somtimes five the first of the new ones have just started to lay and for the last week I have had five a day,however the first day together two of the old ones laid under the edge outside,for the first time,this took a couple of days to rectify itself,new ones coming in can properly upset the balance,

To be honest don't think anything is takin them as some days i am down there from early morning to evening and never see anything goin on. 4of the chickens were point of lay about 3month ago and were laying good then all of a sudden nothin. Cost best part of 50 quid for 4 and no eggs but still bag after bag of food.

stlck em in the oven ...

i dont mean to be rude or cause offence, but were they actually point of lay or oldish hens?