Lawerencetown Show, Cancelled

Due to unsavory incidents at a the majority of shows this year, some I have witnessed others I have learnt of in this site, I have taken the decision to not hold my show this year.

I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, but parading unmarked greyhounds as lurchers and lurchers as whippets is cheating, end of. I went to Shanes Castle on a Saturday for the first time in about ten years this year, all I heard was that's a greyhound, that's a greyhound. The time has come to form a lurcher club and set and abide by some sort of rules or guidelines for racing. People also need to realize that to win by cheating is no way to win at all. If you think a particular dog is questionable, bring it up in the field, don't come on the Internet and air people's dirty laundry in public. Your shaming yourselves and the other good people that attend these shows.

I have my own battle to fight against the USPCA and PSNI because of the actions of someone who I thought was a friend. I don't need to be running a show, only for people to come here and slate each other after. It's time people woke up and smelt the coffee and realize what this bitterness and jealousy is causing. At Christmas last year I spoke out about this carry on and it's got much worse since then. I'll make the decision about running my Christmas show this year closer to the time. I'd appeal to you all again to wake up, catch yourselves on, theres no place for cheats at dog shows and if you think someone is cheating there's a time and a place for addressing the issue.

Yours in Sport, Dessie

• Like 5

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These racing lurchers are becoming more popular than ever over,with people taken it so serious there needs to be rules and codes of conduct put in place ,like greyhound racing these dogs should be gr

Due to unsavory incidents at a the majority of shows this year, some I have witnessed others I have learnt of in this site, I have taken the decision to not hold my show this year.   I'm not direc

it's an awful pity,I was looking forward to it .these dogs should come into their own classes in racing,racing bred dog race ,and races for the lads and lasses that just want to do it for a bit of cr

it's an awful pity,I was looking forward to it .these dogs should come into their own classes in racing,racing bred dog race ,and races for the lads and lasses that just want to do it for a bit of crac,all this seriousness is fcuking things up

• Like 3

once again im saddened by the state of the lurcher and terrier seen in n ireland its really a disgrace all for the sake of a trophy for myself ive been going to lurcher and terrier shows for 15 years or so and to tell you the truth i have no intrested in atteding another the lurcher racing seen has attracted a great deal of new comers over the last few years and want to get to the top and this is where alot of greyhound types come in

but me ill stick to my working dogs keep my head down and get on with my sport

robert

• Like 2

from what i can see the shows of years ago were by working men met up for a bit of banter and to get a few dogs out of kennells for the day has long gone it used to be well hows things not long to hunting season starts now there s people saying cant wait not be long to show season its a bit sad i ve watched a few of these serious lurcher racers at the few shows i ve been at and it defies belief this is there main aim when it comes to dogs not the working side at all now if there heart is really in racing why not then get out among the big boys at the race track and see what it takes to get a good dog winning among other good dogs as with the kc shows these silly race meets are not doing any good to the working side of the dogs so in long run will do more harm than good just to add i ve have no interest in lurchers but from the outside looking in it looks stupid and sad.

• Like 1

it was only a matter of time folks before the lads that run them got sick of the sh*te. a lad that runs one of the best ones at the start of the year told me this was one the cards. its sad dess your not goin ahead with it but most know where your comin from. that stuff that was on here last night on the camlough page was a disgrace to all involved in it and i dont care whos thinks their who.that lad that runs the show was led up the path to be the bad guy from what i seen. the racing had a few silly issues but went well and there was no call for any of the happenings last night

a group or federation needs to be set up by some poeple with at least half a brain which rules out last nights posters to sort this racing out for once and all as dessie said above everyone is iauging at ya and sick of it so is there anyone of ya that will step up !

Dessie, you brought a dog to a vet and started all this S**t. FACTS

as for the man you said was your friend is a gentleman. FACT

we all no that you are wrong what you are saying about him. FACT

as for cheating is your black bitch a patterdale or crossbread? FACT

she was a patterdale at fionas show she was a crossbread at ballywalter

she was a crossbread at shanes and then she was a patterdale at dundalk. FACTS

and why have you not been at shanes in 10 years?

we hear things down here too you no

Edited by facts

every one on this site and round the dog world thinks we are a laughing stock all this bitching slagging off he done this he done that if you have a problem see the parson face to face there is no need to air it for the world to see at one time in ireland we where well resepcted for breeding some the best working dogs in the world be it digging dogs coursing dogs and strong dogs just to name a few

now we are getting laughed at knowen for all this bitching and all the shite that goes on at shows are sport is going down the pan thanks alot lads

robert

every one on this site and round the dog world thinks we are a laughing stock all this bitching slagging off he done this he done that if you have a problem see the parson face to face there is no need to air it for the world to see at one time in ireland we where well resepcted for breeding some the best working dogs in the world be it digging dogs coursing dogs and strong dogs just to name a few

now we are getting laughed at knowen for all this bitching and all the shite that goes on at shows are sport is going down the pan thanks alot lads

robert

Robert,

Agreed - I have a suggestion - let us all come on here on under our own names and put our points of view openly and up front and let us IGNORE or OSTRACISE those who can only peddle abuse from behind an alias.

Albertj

• Like 1

These racing lurchers are becoming more popular than ever over,with people taken it so serious there needs to be rules and codes of conduct put in place ,like greyhound racing these dogs should be graded ,any "lurcher" with any more than 3/4 greyhound in it in my opinion is not bred for a working purpose it is simply bred for racing,how many times can greyhound blood be put into a line before it becomes basically a greyhound.Subs should be payed and the founds going into blood testing dogs and any dogs found to be full bred the owner takes on the bill.

I enjoy going to shows nearly as much as i enjoy working my dogs and i have been lucky enough to have been blessed with a bitch that has done well for me at them ,the racing ,i honestly couldn't give a flying F**K about but ,it is the racing that seems to ruining these events for the people who just go for the crac.

So all the lurcher racers (not workers) either do it right or don't do it all and leave the rest of us to get on with enjoying the summer shows meeting decent people and talking about the season that has just gone or coming up because this being cancelled is just the start of it,because people will just stop turning up which will bring the numbers down and will stop the people who put in months of work to organise them bothering

• Like 5

Due to unsavory incidents at a the majority of shows this year, some I have witnessed others I have learnt of in this site, I have taken the decision to not hold my show this year.

I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, but parading unmarked greyhounds as lurchers and lurchers as whippets is cheating, end of. I went to Shanes Castle on a Saturday for the first time in about ten years this year, all I heard was that's a greyhound, that's a greyhound. The time has come to form a lurcher club and set and abide by some sort of rules or guidelines for racing. People also need to realize that to win by cheating is no way to win at all. If you think a particular dog is questionable, bring it up in the field, don't come on the Internet and air people's dirty laundry in public. Your shaming yourselves and the other good people that attend these shows.

I have my own battle to fight against the USPCA and PSNI because of the actions of someone who I thought was a friend. I don't need to be running a show, only for people to come here and slate each other after. It's time people woke up and smelt the coffee and realize what this bitterness and jealousy is causing. At Christmas last year I spoke out about this carry on and it's got much worse since then. I'll make the decision about running my Christmas show this year closer to the time. I'd appeal to you all again to wake up, catch yourselves on, theres no place for cheats at dog shows and if you think someone is cheating there's a time and a place for addressing the issue.

Yours in Sport, Dessie

Dessie what say makes sense Shame you stopped the show but that is your choicefair play to you For all the reasons mentioned above the wife and I have stipped going to the shows We only support Ballywalter and Shanes I went to Fionas show becuse it was for a good cause Just tried of all spitefulness and bitching.Prefer to be out with my dogs doing what they are bred for

Sammy

• Like 1

its looking like people running shows will soon have no other choice than to stop holding racing as it is the one area that causes the most conflict and i totally agree with albert too many people get abuse for running a show by people that dont use their own name i for one will be having a long think about holding our show next year its just not worth the hassle