Lost a good one today......

Getting the Stags and horse ready for the hunt this fall, I've been running them a little in the mornings and riding the horse later on. Today I took every one out and my main Stag "Cracker " white dog in second pic was bitten by a snake and died before I could get him back to the truck 4 miles away. He was a good one and hopefully pass it on to his pups that were born on 07/02..Rip Cracker---.>

072912d.jpg

072912acracker.jpg

Past winter with Uphill

001a.jpg

• Like 8

Sickener for you mate. R.I.P. Little dog.

Had a lurcher badly up off an adder here 5 or 6 years ago but she came through OK.

Do you know what sort of snake and I hope to feck you got it and killed it.

Cheers, D.

A crying shame to lose a good dog like that: we are more lucky than we know in the UK, not having lethal snakes.

A sad loss Stuntman, all the best with his pups, I hope they work well for you,, but I wish you were right Skycat.. when I was a single handed keeper in Northumberland, early 1 season we lost 2 dogs off the same hill from adder bites. The first was a Labrador, a big strong one at that, I was taken to the vet that day where it was tret. 2 days later it was dead in the kennel, vet reckoned liver/kidney failure. Second was a farm sheepdog out gatherin the hill, dead by evening with swollen bite to throat.

All the best

DnN

Thanks everyone, It going to suck this winter, I was looking forward to him showing some young dogs the ropes and being my go two Stag. Some young dogs are going to step it up or get fired.

Cracker X T pups for 2013

072712TXcracker.jpg

• Like 1