COME ON TEAM GREAT BRITAIN

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Race has nothing to do with anything for me, its all down to morals, attitude and behavior. There are good and bad in all walks and religions in life. .....and yep I would kiss his his little bald he

All hail Sir Chris Hoy!

What an athlete Mo Farrah he knew he had it in the bag....seems a real nice fella as well........... I think these games have been absolutely superb in every way i think even the most harshest critic

Posted Images

Loads more to come Never heard so much screaming and shouting coming from open windows , cars pubs etc. last nite lol lol

Has your Curfew been lifted :whistling: Peeping Tom i think the description off your illness is called :tongue2:

Loads more to come Never heard so much screaming and shouting coming from open windows , cars pubs etc. last nite lol lol

Has your Curfew been lifted :whistling: Peeping Tom i think the description off your illness is called :tongue2:

know your own tricks best HAROLD :ninja:

Hahaha

Hahaha

YOU COMING OFF THE ROCK ANY TIME SOON

Hahaha

Yes Mate , will give you a Bell in a couple off weeks , got a nice picture for ya :thumbs:

Hahaha

Yes Mate , will give you a Bell in a couple off weeks , got a nice picture for ya :thumbs:

OKEY COKEY

We have got to keep the lottery funding this has made the difference. It allows youngsters from all walks of life to get involved with event that in the past were the domain of the wealthy. And upper classes. , sir Steve Redgrave , Chris akabussy , Sally gunnel , and many other unsung heros have made the difference ,

While nobody could say the funding hasnt made a difference in the preparation our lads and lasses have put in....and every other benefit extra finances make.................i dont think our athletes sheer guts and will to win should be underestimated either and you just cant buy that.......ive noticed in many of these events the British athletes while maybe on the same level as many of the opposition talent/skill wise....we just look like we want it that bit more,and i think thats so refreshing to see you cant put a price on guts and character and our competetive instinct and sheer attitude over this games has been fantastic.

Edited by gnasher16

We have got to keep the lottery funding this has made the difference. It allows youngsters from all walks of life to get involved with event that in the past were the domain of the wealthy. And upper classes. , sir Steve Redgrave , Chris akabussy , Sally gunnel , and many other unsung heros have made the difference ,

While nobody could say the funding hasnt made a difference in the preparation our lads and lasses have put in....and every other benefit extra finances make.................i dont think our athletes sheer guts and will to win should be underestimated either and you just cant buy that.......ive noticed in many of these events the British athletes while maybe on the same level as many of the opposition talent/skill wise....we just look like we want it that bit more,and i think thats so refreshing to see you cant put a price on guts and character and our competetive instinct and sheer attitude over this games has been fantastic.

True gnash, but its prob because its on our home turf, thats driving them and the crowds liffting them :yes:

Explain Beijing. Then lads

And i thought i was an argumentative c**t :D

Like i said,nobody could say the funding hasnt been a big help.......but i dont think you can buy will to win and character.....and without doubt our athletes have shown more than ive ever seen before........maybe Birds right maybe home support is a big advantage it is in every other sport........would we have won the world cup in 66 if we hadnt hosted it....who knows.

Personally i think our success in these games has been a combination of everything funding,great preperation,home advantage and a basic great set of athletes.......obviously we do have to accept that the more diluted Britain as a race becomes the less we can really lay claim to great achievements as a nation ( Mo Farrah being a perfect example )...................like i said before the games we are still a great sporting nation as this games has proved that.

Edited by gnasher16

To me, it just shows that the whole notion of nationality based on ethnicity is a load of bollocks. All bar a few nations are proud to support their very diverse crop of athletes, no matter what their colour, background or religious leanings. Whilst I'm delighted that all our athletes are getting the support they so truly deserve, it does make me wonder about race and race related issues in sport being a wee bit hypocritical. As an example, lets take Mr X down the road, a rabid racist when it comes to moaning about the influx of immigrant workers or the large numbers of non white British in this country today, but who still gets up out of his chair and screams encouragement when a foreign-born British national is about to win us a gold medal.

IMO those sort of people are hypocrites. They separate politics and sport in a way which shouldn't really happen: IMO you either accept the whole package of a multi-national population, lock, stock and barrel, or you shut up. Getting behind a foreign-born national in the Olympics at the same time as hating that race is just wrong.

Gnasher are Olympic. Team is still very Anglo Saxon. Out side track n field track and field. Percentage wise mo is Somalian but he has adopted are ways except for his antics at the end who else noticed his bowing on the floor !!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me, it just shows that the whole notion of nationality based on ethnicity is a load of bollocks. All bar a few nations are proud to support their very diverse crop of athletes, no matter what their colour, background or religious leanings. Whilst I'm delighted that all our athletes are getting the support they so truly deserve, it does make me wonder about race and race related issues in sport being a wee bit hypocritical. As an example, lets take Mr X down the road, a rabid racist when it comes to moaning about the influx of immigrant workers or the large numbers of non white British in this country today, but who still gets up out of his chair and screams encouragement when a foreign-born British national is about to win us a gold medal.

IMO those sort of people are hypocrites. They separate politics and sport in a way which shouldn't really happen: IMO you either accept the whole package of a multi-national population, lock, stock and barrel, or you shut up. Getting behind a foreign-born national in the Olympics at the same time as hating that race is just wrong.

Whats that,perfect world politics ???

I support West Ham but i have to accept that not many players come from this area....what should i do stop supporting them ?......I support the CLUB.....im a fan of the CLUB..............................as a GB Olympics sports fan im a fan of GB.........hence i want anyone in a GB vest to win...................ideally id like every GB representative to be white and British born......but this is the world we live in what should we do step out of the real world and live on a fantasy island where the air doesnt move !...................sometimes you just have to keep things sensible ;)

Gnasher are Olympic. Team is still very Anglo Saxon. Out side track n field track and field. Percentage wise mo is Somalian but he has adopted are ways except for his antics at the end who else noticed his bowing on the floor !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldnt care less about his bowing on the floor thats not my point..................my point is IF Mo Farrahs ancestors had been born and bred in Hounslow he would not of won Olympic Gold in the 10,000 metres !!............Thats a fact................

Those Kenyans/Ethiopians/Somalians etc etc are genetically gifted to distance running due to being born and raised at altitude.....ie over generations Mo Farrah has a greater genetic potential towards distance running than Archie Mcmac whos ancestry is from Kilmarnock !..................

If Mo Farrahs mum had gone back to Somalia he would of had the exact same genetic potential to become Olympic Champion...........it just so happens England could offer them a better life and he ended up in a GB vest..................................i think its dangerous ground we are treading as a sporting nation......but again,this is the world we are living in.

Edited by gnasher16