I have the pup on it at the moment mixed with raw and tinned...each meal is alway's different to the next and she does not get the dry every day.. i'm paying £44.99 per 15kg sack..when she is over 1yr old and stopped growing i will drop the protein level's of the dry food..

Tell me keep my nose out pal, i wont be offended, but there is absolutely no need mix Eukanuba with raw, there is everything, your puppy needs with that brand of complete

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have the pup on it at the moment mixed with raw and tinned...each meal is alway's different to the next and she does not get the dry every day.. i'm paying £44.99 per 15kg sack..when she is over 1yr

You cant make a Ferrari out of pig iron. Do you think wasting all your wages on food for a Lurcher will bring you a champion in the field?   It's in the breeding and a bit of luck not in a bag of ov

millet go www.monsterpetsupplies.co.uk

Personally i 100% beleive you can't beat a raw diet, but i also know its not always possible, my freezer broke and i had to switch to meal, but i still add fish, veg and some meat, can't wait to get them back on meat tbh. I tried Eukanuba back in 2002, it made my excitable dogs nuts due to the protein and i i found if you gave any extra over the recommended ammount it gave the dogs the shits...........

I have the pup on it at the moment mixed with raw and tinned...each meal is alway's different to the next and she does not get the dry every day.. i'm paying £44.99 per 15kg sack..when she is over 1yr old and stopped growing i will drop the protein level's of the dry food..

Tell me keep my nose out pal, i wont be offended, but there is absolutely no need mix Eukanuba with raw, there is everything, your puppy needs with that brand of complete

you are right there mate i try to tell him early you got all you need in it

The Uka is just a base food for me matey .. :victory: ..one feed that is all she will get another feed only raw then mixed with tinned or raw or just tinned on it's own..she get's a mucky mixture and not constantly mixed dry with raw..i have found that feeding them like this make's them eat whatever you put infront of them and she is a healthy pup with a nice shiny coat so i must be doing something right.. :D

tried Eukanuba, but as Simoman said found it gave the shits if fed too much. Moved on to Markus Muele in January, and my lurchers have never been in better nick. Even the thin coats have thickend up and performance in the field has been as good if not better than when on Eukanuba. Its cheaper too.

HAd to take the collie of it as he ballooned though, but suits my running dogs to a tee

You cant make a Ferrari out of pig iron. Do you think wasting all your wages on food for a Lurcher will bring you a champion in the field?

It's in the breeding and a bit of luck not in a bag of over priced biscuits.

as long as a pups got fairly decent food in front of it so it makes the size that's good enough,

• Like 2

Personally i 100% beleive you can't beat a raw diet, but i also know its not always possible, my freezer broke and i had to switch to meal, but i still add fish, veg and some meat, can't wait to get them back on meat tbh. I tried Eukanuba back in 2002, it made my excitable dogs nuts due to the protein and i i found if you gave any extra over the recommended ammount it gave the dogs the shits...........

What fish and veg do you give them and how?

Tinned sardines, grated carrot, broccoli, spinach, cabbage etc, i used to bledn it, freeze it and defrost with the meat............

Tinned sardines, grated carrot, broccoli, spinach, cabbage etc, i used to bledn it, freeze it and defrost with the meat............

Thanks for that, my pup is 5 months old and I want to give Him the best start I have been feeding him eukanuba puppy, given him raw chicken portions, mince beef, tinned sardines and mackerel but never any veg. I give him an egg ever day. Does this sound ok apart from no veg?

I don't know you but,from your posts ,I know you look after your animals.

You may find this breakdown of dry dog foods informative.

You will note that Eukanuba gets rather a mixed review.I give dry food more as a biscuit mixer , because my 4 dogs are on whole rabbits and chicken carcasses.plus giblets, veg,eggs rice ,porridge ,and pasta.

I increase the red meat as the season starts, giving them beef and lamb mince, plus tinned and fresh fish .

Apart from Orijen which is hugely exensive, I don't really think too much of any dry meal .

As I say Its purely a mixer for me.

http://www.dogfoodan...od-index-a.html

Edited by inan
  • Like 1

IF one feels the need that straight flesh and bone aint for them and its more convenient to feed a home mix its pretty simple really the greyhound men misx for lots of animals daily low protein biscits then add beef mince and minced chicken carcass pasta brown bread rice or potato as alternatives cabbage , cheep fish mackerell etc . mix ing 200 pound a time can be done far cheeper than the price of a bag of premium biscuits ,freeze and use as necesary easy . one can up the anti with the mix for time of year etc the work load and requirements . gain 20 his a good cheep biscuit to start the receipe with . atb bunnys.

inan..the terrier's and older retired dog get a cheap low protein food of 21% mixed with low protien tinned food..with the odd table scrap's and rabbit's now and again..the pup will be getting roughly the same when she has stopped growing.. :thumbs: ..apart from she will be getting more tripe/beef/chicken and rabbit mince when she start's her working life.. :yes: ..

Edited to add..the average age of my dog's before death has been 14yr's old so i must be doing something correct.. :thumbs: ..and last year we had a little dog here that had to be put to sleep at over 17yr's of age.

Edited by Millet

Thanks for that, my pup is 5 months old and I want to give Him the best start I have been feeding him eukanuba puppy, given him raw chicken portions, mince beef, tinned sardines and mackerel but never any veg. I give him an egg ever day. Does this sound ok apart from no veg?

Yes mate sounds good., personally if you can i would cut out the eukanuba and feed 60% mince and veg and 40% raw meaty bones such as wings :thumbs: