• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you honestly think that it is acceptable to keep dogs which are liable to kill each other? The whole nature of 'dog' is that it is (or should be) a sociable creature. Dogs are pack animals, but w

Sorry to here that pal and you won't like to here this but that's bad management. It's an awful way to learn but learnt you have. Sorry mate.

Deffinately your own fault for not having the kennel 100% safe........ you said that they had never showed any aggression to each other so you wouldn't be expecting such a thing to happen, just wonder

That's shocking news. Did the Saluki jump out of the pen? Was there a roof on it?

Frequently on this forum the question is asked 'can I kennel my lurcher and terrier together?' or ' can i kennel my bull cross and whippet/grey together?'or 'should i put my 12 week old pup in with my old dog to keep it company?' I think the very basic way to look at it is all dogs could turn on each other and when there is no escape.............the consequences are disasterous.

Best sort out your set up and best of luck whatever you decide.

• Like 3

My thought exactley Charts

I`d be putting down the Rottweiler and any other that posed a threat to my other dogs.

To be honest it sounds like a very stupid situation to allow yourself into.

here mate my rottweilers mean just as much to me as my hunting dogs, dogs will fight at times, he got out of his pen not like i leave them roaming around together. The only stupid situation i putting myself into was not having the pens 100%. A dog is a dog at the end of the day lad wheather a working dog or not!!
  • Like 1

keep the dogs fix up the pens ive a staff bull ive watch with any dog ive kennelled up wat evers up with him a dog thats kept in the back yard with him his alright with them but if i let the lurchers out ive lock him in ive no intention of getting rid of him his 10 years old now :thumbs:

• Like 1

very bad luck, so there is the lesson to be learned, make your kennels, safe , and work from there, the saluki x make a fine running dog, ((( my opinion, only recieve them from a pup, and rear, them,,, could be a blessing in disguise,,, nothing worse taken them out and they dont return to your command, (((( as you know 2 dogs was a missing in your part of the land, happily both returned some hours later,

Just one thing, when you pass on the rotties, you may need to mention, one is a dog killer.

Guard dog, is one thing, but still, it shouldnt really be dog aggressive if possibe?

Sorry for your loss though.

Edited by Ideation
Guest born to run1083

Just one thing, when you pass on the rotties, you may need to mention, one is a dog killer.

Guard dog, is one thing, but still, it shouldnt really be dog aggressive if possibe?

Sorry for your loss though.

Very sensible post

real bad news that, i hate reading posts like this, for a dog to kill another dog unless massive size differnce takes hell of doing . All dogs will fight and most times its rips+ muscle damage , which is bad enough, and to go beyond that is hell of a thing as most norm dogs leave it at that . Just hope he changes his kennel set up, and if gets another powerful dog like a rottie and its in 100% safe kennel+ run. :yes: