my badger dog

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There must be some real talented dog lads on here, able to judge exactly how a dog will work from just one picture, impressive.

The dog is a single handed worker by the looks, and going by what ive seen & read he's a genuine dog that you can dig to a couple of times per week, owned by a genuine fella. Whats not to like? &

i can understand that, i just felt like putting up a pic after seeing that daily mail article, there are others than us watching this site, including norwegian anti-hunters who tend to believe that th

There must be some real talented dog lads on here, able to judge exactly how a dog will work from just one picture, impressive.

very true.

ive gave the game up mart. have chatted about the lines before with you. :thumbs: nice little terrier. and with plenty of stuff under his belt you must both be doing something right.

and like has been said your the one that feeds him. :yes: . nice to see you still putting the odd post up :thumbs:

• Like 1

There must be some duck egg's as well if they cant see that from a picture and from what he is saying as well :laugh:
  • Like 4

There must be some duck egg's as well if they cant see that from a picture and from what he is saying as well :laugh:

I agree,the picture has nothing to do with it,would the mans description of the digging traits of the dog not tell people the true story?

I agree,the picture has nothing to do with it,would the mans description of the digging traits of the dog not tell people the true story?

Obviously not :laugh: they belive you have to be some talented superman to see it when its in black and white from the guy that owns the dog :laugh:

This is not knocking YOUR dog you are happy with him(it is my opinion)I dug badgers with my father and uncle's when it was legal.When we dug with a dog like this if you got time to open up before he moved,the first thing you done was block the pipe behind the dog because he would run at the dog the dog runs out and badger gone.It is the common trait of a bad badger digging dog.Alot of times badgers just look at the dog in a stopend and let him bark away(this is all new to them)But when you get the other kind that are not amused with the dog coming into his sitting room, a dog of that pedigree would be sitting in the middle of the field shitting himself.The real badger digging dog will let NOTHING pass him regardless how much pressure he is under.And just as a matter of intrest we NEVER killed such a beautiful animal, he was moved or let run.

• Like 1

well liamdelaney, last time i put this video up, you wrote: Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:10 PM

I hope some of the people who rattle on about putting bull blood in working terriers will have a good look at the video of that dog working badger.That is the way a good badger dog works in and out does not let the badger pass him or break him up.But he wont let the badger dig on either.That is what old time dogs done and they worked day in day out."

i liked that coming from someone like you, so i remembered it.

i know people with terriers that will stay away from badgers entirely, because if they run in to one their dogs will be laid up for three weeks straight afterwards, everytime.

with my dog i can dig three days in a row with a result, and get away with a few cuts and bruises.

why?do i only find the nice and cudly ones, while they only find the feisty grumpy buggers?

when it comes to killing them or letting them run on, thats a difference in traditions and culture that goes back a long time.

if the population is small, i wont hunt it and moving it would only mean passing the problem over to someone else or having it back in a matter of weeks.

•  

• Like 3

well liamdelaney, last time i put this video up, you wrote: Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:10 PM

I hope some of the people who rattle on about putting bull blood in working terriers will have a good look at the video of that dog working badger.That is the way a good badger dog works in and out does not let the badger pass him or break him up.But he wont let the badger dig on either.That is what old time dogs done and they worked day in day out."

i liked that coming from someone like you, so i remembered it.

i know people with terriers that will stay away from badgers entirely, because if they run in to one their dogs will be laid up for three weeks straight afterwards, everytime.

with my dog i can dig three days in a row with a result, and get away with a few cuts and bruises.

why?do i only find the nice and cudly ones, while they only find the feisty grumpy buggers?

when it comes to killing them or letting them run on, thats a difference in traditions and culture that goes back a long time.

if the population is small, i wont hunt it and moving it would only mean passing the problem over to someone else or having it back in a matter of weeks.

•  

Look pal ye dog suits ye thats what counts that video didnt show much at all you didnt drop on your quarry it didnt show how far ye had to trench up that tube to get it out but i am pretty sure it was still a couple of foot up there the way the dog was up and out that badger never once tried to push or force its hand with that dog yet the dog was still up and down that tube, i dont think much of the dogs work style at all and would not class that dog as a badger dog and to be honest with that shovel and how ye dug that hole i thought ye was ferreting at first i am sticking to what i said in previous posts,i bet if ye were truely honest that dog has come unstuck and failed a few times :thumbs: