Countryman's Weekly

I bet the knuckle dragging prick has a better standard of Lurcher in his kennels than you.!

I have a standard, Im sure the women knows about dog health but fox taking I don't think so, I don't so I don't comment or tell others about it.

Of course you do dickhead

What do you keep insulting me for?

I don't care what you think of me, people who know me are all I worry about. The Internet is perfect for people to be brave, being personal and insulting is easy when your anonymous.

• Like 5

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've stayed away from this thread, not wanting to add fuel to a blithering fire, but the quote is incorrect. I never said a dog SHOULD take a fox blah blah. I would never say how a dog should take fo

I got a good recipe for flapjacks out of the CMW once, if anyone wants it PM me for details..........................

I agree completely mate. If a dog isnt right penny will spot it and put it right. The knuckle dragging prick who started this thread and the last one very often "advises" people to either cull or dump

Posted Images

I bet the knuckle dragging prick has a better standard of Lurcher in his kennels than you.!

I have a standard, Im sure the women knows about dog health but fox taking I don't think so, I don't so I don't comment or tell others about it.

I don't care what you think of me, people who know me are all I worry about. The Internet is perfect for people to be brave, being personal and insulting is easy when your anonymous.

Im not insulting you, im just telling it like it is. Why do you keep insulting (and starting threads to do so!) penny? Have YOU been brave enough to tell her your thoughts to her face?

Howay lads what do you expect writers to write the state our country is in with this ban a mate of mine has written a few articles for the cmw and they tell you what you can and can't write about edrd a better read for the dog lads

• Like 2

Im not insulting you, im just telling it like it is. Why do you keep insulting (and starting threads to do so!) penny? Have YOU been brave enough to tell her your thoughts to her face?

I questioned both her and other authors of on comments they made in a publication, I even quoted what was said to the word and plenty of people seemed to agree with the questions raised.

I live 15 miles from penny Taylor ill give her an invite to teach/show me what a "proper Lurcher" should do in the field if she likes?she can get in touch I've got plenty of permission if she fancys it, my dogs are doers they may not be the best in the world, but i wouldnt keep a dog that would show me up.your correct I wouldn't keep them as pets.

If that attitude makes me a bad stock man I'm a bad stock man.

• Like 1
Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

I think it would be hard to defend I not insulting you quote when you called the guy a dickhead :laugh:

• Like 1

what i want from a lurcher may be a little different to a courser from the fens, and a fox hunter from farmland may want something else again, it's not about who's best or has the best dogs it's about sharing differing views opinions and experiences, it's the variety (right or wrong in whoevers opinion) that keeps this site worthwhile........remember wer'e all supposed to be on the same side guys

• Like 3

Lads, I wasn't on when this got taken down but I've just a read through it and having a difference of opinion is one thing, but the thread strayed over the line into personal abuse and that ain't on. Fair enough you don't agree with what has been written by someone, but the minute you go down the personal insults route the threads will start disappearing. Keep it constructive and try and get your points across without abusing people.

Maybe instead of taking whatever is wrote in books or mags as gospel you should maybe get out and do a bit..that way you will find out for yourselves how/what way things are done? ATB Andy. :thumbs:

Amen! :notworthy: there a lesson for many to heed.

Lads, I wasn't on when this got taken down but I've just a read through it and having a difference of opinion is one thing, but the thread strayed over the line into personal abuse and that ain't on. Fair enough you don't agree with what has been written by someone, but the minute you go down the personal insults route the threads will start disappearing. Keep it constructive and try and get your points across without abusing people.

Could the relevant comments of "personal abuse" not have been taken off rather than the entire thread?

I think there were valid points and I tried to make them myself on the whole questioning what was in the article And simply questioned weather what was written were accurate and fair from 2 separate Lurcher people.

• Like 1

you have to read it or partly read it before you know if its any good, from what i read on the pulled thread no one was getting slagged, slandered or whatever you want to call it, everyone who writes in theses mags needs to be able to take critisism or they shouldnt be writing there in the 1st place, dont give advice on what you dont know,thats just my opinion

To be fair Baldocks said he knew nothing about fox dogs either but he still criticised Penny for the article? Maybe instead of taking whatever is wrote in books or mags as gospel you should maybe get out and do a bit..that way you will find out for yourselves how/what way things are done? ATB Andy. :thumbs:

Would it matter if you were out everyday doing everything possible for 50 years....the minute you write it down get ready for someone to say your talking shite.......... :thumbs:

• Like 2

Could the relevant comments of "personal abuse" not have been taken off rather than the entire thread?

I think there were valid points and I tried to make them myself on the whole questioning what was in the article And simply questioned weather what was written were accurate and fair from 2 separate Lurcher people.

That's one option mate and the thread has been hidden rather than deleted so maybe that was the moderator's intention. It's common to hide something whilst it's tidied up. How about I speak to the moderator concerned and then have a crack at that and then merge the two topics?

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

I dont know why really the countryman weekly is have articles on pre ban hunting anymore I think its pretty pointless all it depicts is owners are still foxing and saying in tougue in cheek way this story was PRE BAN :hmm: .

This does not mean I think the ban is nonsense just cant see the point in articles on topics that in theory the reader can not take part in legally.

ATB Cookie

"Personal insults" - if every thread with "personal insults" was pulled on this forum - there would hardly be anything to read some days!!!!

There was once a post on this site from one halfwit asking another if he'd tried his bull x out on "Pakis" yet???? And that post was complained about and it remained online for everyone to read!!!!! I even had one mod having a pop (and a laugh) at me for highlighting a blatantly disgraceful racist comment!!!!

I do agree tho that constructive criticism is the best way to go about it!!! Or better still write an article and send it off to the CMW. I buy it on yearly subscription - it's certainly changed not only in name but in content also - gone are the days of Lloyd on Lurchers, Daergi, Pester's Pen etc - but the whole fieldsports landscape has changed now so maybe this change is more an organic thing than an editorial dumbing down.

That's the answer baldockbankscourser - instead of imparting your wisdom on here - get busy and write a few articles yourself and maybe we can all benefit from your literary input. ATB

• Like 5