Countryman's Weekly

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've stayed away from this thread, not wanting to add fuel to a blithering fire, but the quote is incorrect. I never said a dog SHOULD take a fox blah blah. I would never say how a dog should take fo

I got a good recipe for flapjacks out of the CMW once, if anyone wants it PM me for details..........................

I agree completely mate. If a dog isnt right penny will spot it and put it right. The knuckle dragging prick who started this thread and the last one very often "advises" people to either cull or dump

Posted Images

I take my hat off to all the writers , good , bad and indifferent they are prepared to do something I would never have the balls to do , give thier opinion and then watch as the critics pull it to pieces .

A wise man once said , a critic is someone who sits and waits for the braveman to stumble.

i thought that was a general :laugh:

post-896-0-05427700-1338214756.jpg

I take my hat off to all the writers , good , bad and indifferent they are prepared to do something I would never have the balls to do , give thier opinion and then watch as the critics pull it to pieces .

A wise man once said , a critic is someone who sits and waits for the braveman to stumble.

Anyone who has a go at the writing game instantly opens themselves upto critisism, at the end of the day its only an opinion, not gospel or fact, just opinion. We all read stuff that grabs up, interests us and instantly "clicks" with our way of thinking, we also read stuff that makes us cringe, we disagree with and sometimes leave us with a feeling of despair, BUT its just that writers opinion.

I remember when shooting news was 65p, it had more lurcher/terrier related articles and i for one couldn't wait to get my copy each week, Daergi, Lloyd etc etc, the magazine was based around lurcher and terrier articles and although called shooting news i felt the magazine was aimed at the grass roots folk. Nowadays (to me) the magazine is a watered down version of its former self and i dont enjoy it, so i dont buy it, simples!!!! I was told writers are paid £50 per article, so for many its lucrative past time to pen a few words and earn a little extra pocket money, some write for the love of it, some for the money, and some for both(and this isn't aimed at anyone, just an opinion).

Some write for other magazines for no payment, purely for the love of writing...........

Just one of those things, look at the literary world, i pick up Didreksons books and can't put them down, i find them informative, they grasp my imagination, they make me laugh and i can imagine all his stories playing out in my mind, i also love Darcys books, great writing and quality photography, same with Dooleys book and Phils books. Yet i also have a few Frain books on my shelf, i find his writing style sends me to sleep and i find his "drawings" cringeworthy. I also have a book by Bezzant and i find some of the comments laughable, i wouldn't use it to wedge up a table leg, but thats just my opinion, it means feck all to anyone except me, ones man meat and all that.............

Just one of those things, look at the literary world, i pick up Didreksons books and can't put them down, i find them informative, they grasp my imagination, they make me laugh and i can imagine all his stories playing out in my mind, i also love Darcys books, great writing and quality photography, same with Dooleys book and Phils books. Yet i also have a few Frain books on my shelf, i find his writing style sends me to sleep and i find his "drawings" cringeworthy. I also have a book by Bezzant and i find some of the comments laughable, i wouldn't use it to wedge up a table leg, but thats just my opinion, it means feck all to anyone except me, ones man meat and all that.............

so what about your plummer collection...... :hmm: ..... :whistling:

Anyone who has a go at the writing game instantly opens themselves upto critisism, at the end of the day its only an opinion, not gospel or fact, just opinion. We all read stuff that grabs up, interests us and instantly "clicks" with our way of thinking, we also read stuff that makes us cringe, we disagree with and sometimes leave us with a feeling of despair, BUT its just that writers opinion.

I remember when shooting news was 65p, it had more lurcher/terrier related articles and i for one couldn't wait to get my copy each week, Daergi, Lloyd etc etc, the magazine was based around lurcher and terrier articles and although called shooting news i felt the magazine was aimed at the grass roots folk. Nowadays (to me) the magazine is a watered down version of its former self and i dont enjoy it, so i dont buy it, simples!!!! I was told writers are paid £50 per article, so for many its lucrative past time to pen a few words and earn a little extra pocket money, some write for the love of it, some for the money, and some for both(and this isn't aimed at anyone, just an opinion).

Some write for other magazines for no payment, purely for the love of writing...........

excellent post cant agree more si.............big thumbs up to that mate............ :thumbs:;)
Guest bigdaddylongchopper

the only mag i buy now days is the feeders weekly,in there it tells you how to care and look after your fatties,its not everyones read but it does for me.bottom line you dont like dont buy.

the only mag i buy now days is the feeders weekly,in there it tells you how to care and look after your fatties,its not everyones read but it does for me.bottom line you dont like dont buy.

nice to see you out of bed early me ole mucka............. :yes::laugh::thumbs:

so what about your plummer collection...... :hmm: ..... :whistling:

True, i have them all, some are a good read, a few are terrible and his books as a kid got me interested, i guess i only wised up to the line between fiction and fact in his books when i matured(ish)............