Countryman's Weekly

Not wanting to take the lime light from Mrs taylor but..

As I said I didn't put it up as a personal insult there was also another article regarding coursing and many more articles like it week In week out..

1. When doing an article on breeding the ideal coursing Lurcher the saluki wasn't even given as an option.!

2. A first cross deerhound greyhound isn't "fast enough". For coursing That's not true, there not the best coursing dogs but are plenty fast enough to pressure and kill at least the odd strong hare.

What I was saying is you shouldn't comment unless you have experience about subjects. If the man had done a bit with first xs he'd know they are plenty fast enough.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've stayed away from this thread, not wanting to add fuel to a blithering fire, but the quote is incorrect. I never said a dog SHOULD take a fox blah blah. I would never say how a dog should take fo

I got a good recipe for flapjacks out of the CMW once, if anyone wants it PM me for details..........................

I agree completely mate. If a dog isnt right penny will spot it and put it right. The knuckle dragging prick who started this thread and the last one very often "advises" people to either cull or dump

Posted Images

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Plummer wrote and sold plenty of books with limited exspierience on certain subjects regarding lurchers seems nothings changed.

There's a differents between limited knowledge and no knowledge on subjects

BC: I quite agree with you about that coursing article: it was a complete embarrassment and obviously written by someone who had no idea about what constitutes a coursing dog. It seems almost to have been written years ago before Salukis made such an impact on the coursing scene.

I think the main thing that we all enjoy working running dogs.

i take many threads and articles with a pinch of salt.

the only danger with articles/ threads that are written with a bit bull/poetic justice is that new minds young or old think it gospel.

Writers who a influential audience own it to writer to factual correct.

Atb cookie

Not wanting to take the lime light from Mrs taylor but..

As I said I didn't put it up as a personal insult there was also another article regarding coursing and many more articles like it week In week out..

1. When doing an article on breeding the ideal coursing Lurcher the saluki wasn't even given as an option.!

2. A first cross deerhound greyhound isn't "fast enough". For coursing That's not true, there not the best coursing dogs but are plenty fast enough to pressure and kill at least the odd strong hare.

What I was saying is you shouldn't comment unless you have experience about subjects. If the man had done a bit with first xs he'd know they are plenty fast enough.

Who was it that wrote the article on breeding the ideal coursing lurcher as i dont waste my money on buying the countrymans weekly any more.

the only danger with articles/ threads that are written with a bit bull/poetic justice is that new minds young or old think it gospel.

Atb cookie

the bbc and countryfile get away with being unfactual and biasing audiences every sunday :laugh: when you complain they blame researchers,edditing,time scales and anybody else :yes:
  • Like 2

Atb cookie

the bbc and countryfile get away with being unfactual and biasing audiences every sunday :laugh: when you complain they blame researchers,edditing,time scales and anybody else :yes:

Totally. Agree Paul

the best aritcles are from kirk with bilbo the plummer lol , that man is boreing and thats what makes me read it.

im not a shamed i buy it and i enjoy it , some articles are far fetched but me and, like alot of people dont come on the internet and be little the writers.

i think alot of be littleing on here is too make them selfs look like the big hunter in front of the whole forum.

weve all got friends who talk a good story but thats just part of life and i dont know if its just me but they actually do well in life aswell, how frustrating is that.

i think people who have to bring articles and writers to the attention of a forum are actually in doubt there selfs whever its right or wrong.

when there proven wrong they havent got the audasity to hold there hands up and quote they were wrong!

penny i wouldnt care if your dog tickles charlies balls and then goes for the neck, too many people worry about what other people are doing wrong instead of getting out there and doing it there self. i got fook all and know fook all just the way i like it - clueless :D

• Like 2

BC: I quite agree with you about that coursing article: it was a complete embarrassment and obviously written by someone who had no idea about what constitutes a coursing dog. It seems almost to have been written years ago before Salukis made such an impact on the coursing scene.

and thats how the foxing people feel about your article

• Like 1

and thats how the foxing people feel about your article

what do you feel is embarrasing about pennys article instead of speaking for others?