Countryman's Weekly

I stopped buying this years ago but when I popped into a village shop and there it sat on the shelf I thault I'll have a look.

Quite frankly I'd rather have given my £2.10 to an appeal to help more Pakistanis and other immigrants to settle in this country, a paper that is best used on the bottom of a budgies cage.

1st there's penny Taylor (I'm sure you know who she is on here) stating a good fox Lurcher should "grab a fleeing fox by the brush, let go again the moment the fox retaliate and take the throat hold needed to end matters quickly." and in a blatant bitchy swipe at the more serious fox man states "novice hunters are of the opinion that a big strong dog is needed in order to kill foxs on a REGULAR basis".

2nd there's "corvid" who does a whole article on breeding of coursing lurchers with out 1 mention of the king of the coursing field the saluki Lurcher. He then waffles a passage from a Plummer book that the ideal dog for hares is 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie, yes indeed ideal if you like a dog that will get educated and start throwing the towel in by its second season, once it knows it's no match for a strong winter fen hare on its 3rd run.

And that a 1st cross deerhound is "simply not fast enough"?. I own two that are faster than many a proven match dog in a strait line but lack in other departments when it comes to purely running day time hares.

These people are obviously well under qualified to comment by there articles and each no doubt have there own agenda against certain lurchers and there owners.

I always try not to get involved in telling people about subjects I am not experienced in myself. These individuals evidently don't take the same approach.

FOOLS.

• Like 8

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've stayed away from this thread, not wanting to add fuel to a blithering fire, but the quote is incorrect. I never said a dog SHOULD take a fox blah blah. I would never say how a dog should take fo

I got a good recipe for flapjacks out of the CMW once, if anyone wants it PM me for details..........................

I agree completely mate. If a dog isnt right penny will spot it and put it right. The knuckle dragging prick who started this thread and the last one very often "advises" people to either cull or dump

Posted Images

It's all there in black and white in may 16th paper.I'm no fox expert in th slightest. But lads i know who are found it quite amusing when the very same lady says her strain of small lurchers, " run alongside a fox use a dummy strike to draw a reaction from its foe then come up and under using its smaller size to its advantage to get a perfect throat hold.

All done at high speed ( and yes she could see it so clearly ) and with all the skill and panache of the late great SUGAR RAY ROBINSONS faint with the right hit with the left manoeuvre!

• Like 1

aye i used to buy this JOKE of a paper too...its very name countrymans weekly..sickens my kek....

aye its for the countryman...who has the khan range rover...the gold p beretta...or whatevr the most expensive pea shooter is now a days ...

4 butlers to get them and there labs out the wagon... and as for the lurcher writer...well as you say she would be better on the disney channel...

pure fantisist..and NEVER NO MENTION...OF PROPER PEST CONTROL WITH TERRIERS....SO NO MORE WILL IT BE BOUGHT...

• Like 1

It's everyone's choice to buy the cmw magazine there are some good articles and some shite ones like all weekly/monthly magazines, but to come on here and blatantly slag off one of the best/ most informative members on here (skycat) just about sums up the quality of the members on here!

Pm Penny about anythiing dog related and within 24 hours you will have a very in depth response.

• Like 7

I stopped buying this years ago but when I popped into a village shop and there it sat on the shelf I thault I'll have a look.

Quite frankly I'd rather have given my £2.10 to an appeal to help more Pakistanis and other immigrants to settle in this country, a paper that is best used on the bottom of a budgies cage.

1st there's penny Taylor (I'm sure you know who she is on here) stating a good fox Lurcher should "grab a fleeing fox by the brush, let go again the moment the fox retaliate and take the throat hold needed to end matters quickly." and in a blatant bitchy swipe at the more serious fox man states "novice hunters are of the opinion that a big strong dog is needed in order to kill foxs on a REGULAR basis".

2nd there's "corvid" who does a whole article on breeding of coursing lurchers with out 1 mention of the king of the coursing field the saluki Lurcher. He then waffles a passage from a Plummer book that the ideal dog for hares is 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie, yes indeed ideal if you like a dog that will get educated and start throwing the towel in by its second season, once it knows it's no match for a strong winter fen hare on its 3rd run.

And that a 1st cross deerhound is "simply not fast enough"?. I own two that are faster than many a proven match dog in a strait line but lack in other departments when it comes to purely running day time hares.

These people are obviously well under qualified to comment by there articles and each no doubt have there own agenda against certain lurchers and there owners.

I always try not to get involved in telling people about subjects I am not experienced in myself. These individuals evidently don't take the same approach.

FOOLS. i would totally agree on the paragraph above , the world gone crazy and what some may call work his well , i am lost for words . atb bunnys.