cross bred MUTTS why on earth ???

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i no what your saying mate!!! ive even heard about people crossing greyhounds with dogs like collies and bull terriers to create something called a "lurcher", f*****g makes me sick

I think that is an unfair sweeping statement to make. Cross breed dogs can be worth a lot to the folks who own them, only they are in a position to name their worth. Who is to say the lab x GSD did

The b*****d had my tea off the worktop tonight when I went to answer the door so we aren't friends tonight

'Blue Pocket Rocket' timestamp='1337463266' post='2626174']

I think you shouldn't worry yourself about it

Dont you worry about cross breeds mate youve to pay extra for whippets :laugh: :laugh:

The only two things that bother me about it are the prices (because i'm old enough to remember!) an the daft names. Other than that, so fecking what...!! Our lurchers are created twixt different breeds, so as are a lot of working terrier types. :yes:

Lets face it, purebreds where either created a long time ago by those seeking one particular need with, and we are looking to the long time past now, maybe limited choices around them to breed from. Maybe i'm nieve but from what I know of dogs since the boom of kennel club registration, only hunters seemed to harness two (or more) breeds together to 'improve' on efficency and output?

If you can look forward enough and see what bringing two purebreds together to create, either something that improves either parent, or somatt you really need and you fecking well do it, then hats of to you. :thumbs:

i no what your saying mate!!! ive even heard about people crossing greyhounds with dogs like collies and bull terriers to create something called a "lurcher", f*****g makes me sick :bad::censored:

what are you yalking about why what do you breed them with saluki collie x are the best

Hi i for the life of me cant why some people let there labrador etc breed with another breed of dog then end up calling them some blooming numpty name if it happens by mistake put the pups down, dont sell them for outrages prices they are mongrols not worth anything, where has common sence went, what do you folks think about this

I think that is an unfair sweeping statement to make. Cross breed dogs can be worth a lot to the folks who own them, only they are in a position to name their worth. Who is to say the lab x GSD did not make a good guard or the lab x springer a good gundog or the lab x collie a good mountain rescue dog or indeed all the other mutts who are REAL WORKING DOGS in that they really do something useful like being trained as hearing dogs for deaf people?

I agree there is no need to pay big money for a dog, whether it be a cross breed or indeed a pedigree riddled with health problems. But it think it is wrong to say a crossbreed has no worth.

you are totaly right mate i think your man things paddigrees are the best haha

The only two things that bother me about it are the prices (because i'm old enough to remember!) an the daft names. Other than that, so fecking what...!! Our lurchers are created twixt different breeds, so as are a lot of working terrier types. :yes:

Lets face it, purebreds where either created a long time ago by those seeking one particular need with, and we are looking to the long time past now, maybe limited choices around them to breed from. Maybe i'm nieve but from what I know of dogs since the boom of kennel club registration, only hunters seemed to harness two (or more) breeds together to 'improve' on efficency and output?

If you can look forward enough and see what bringing two purebreds together to create, either something that improves either parent, or somatt you really need and you fecking well do it, then hats of to you. :thumbs:

Amen..........

hows the pup getting on rob Degsy

It's doing ok mate, its bloody quick for 6 month and not much bigger than the terrier. When she's full grown and muscled up I reckon she'll be useful.

I will put money on it.A ped whippets going over my springer thats if i can find a genuine keeper of working whippets and not a pork pie merchant lol.

hows the pup getting on rob Degsy

It's doing ok mate, its bloody quick for 6 month and not much bigger than the terrier. When she's full grown and muscled up I reckon she'll be useful.

I will put money on it.A ped whippets going over my springer thats if i can find a genuine keeper of working whippets and not a pork pie merchant lol.

Good luck with them mate, that one you sent me the picture of looked a nice type. I'll try and get an updated pic of this nutter uploaded.

i no what your saying mate!!! ive even heard about people crossing greyhounds with dogs like collies and bull terriers to create something called a "lurcher", f*****g makes me sick :bad::censored:

what are you yalking about why what do you breed them with saluki collie x are the best

i only breed of my nans champion "queen anne" type jack russel to a three legged whippet my auntie had brought in to her animal and wildlife rescue centre to breed what i like to call "jackets" :thumbs: anybody who breeds salukis to a greyhound is just a scummy peddlar :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: