cornwall or not cornwall

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must like it if you been going for twenty year mate, well at least you know the place and you can always have friends family down for weekends or a holiday, also im sure there Lads on here will gi

wrong shaped ball for me to worry about mate im a peanut chaser, we also go down there on holiday in december so weather is not really the clincher but giving up my everyday life and friends will be h

well gents thanks for all the replies. she has accepted the job and we begin life in cornwall in july. does any body know of any shows or meet ups that go on down there. been to one at falmouth some y

Posted Images

Love the place myself and I'm only an hour away, we go down loads it's like home from home now..... If you like it that much mate take the plunge...... You'd be welcome out for a day or night with me for some bunnys too, there's loads of rabbits down there as well sure it won't take long to sort some permission... Good luck

thats really good of you to offer mate ,thanks

Why not just carry on going on holiday there,just make them longer holidays.......................living somewhere all year round is a lot different to going on holiday when the weathers good and everything seems nice.......Giving up your everyday life and habits is not an easy thing to do.

And besides,Cornwalls f****n miles from anywhere there aint even a footie team for hundred miles :D .....I had a mate moved down to Redruth had a nice drum and plenty of money.....but nothing to spend it on he moved back after 2 years !!

Typical Londoner, I bet you get the shakes when you start approaching the M25 on the way out! :laugh::thumbs:

Why not just carry on going on holiday there,just make them longer holidays.......................living somewhere all year round is a lot different to going on holiday when the weathers good and everything seems nice.......Giving up your everyday life and habits is not an easy thing to do.

And besides,Cornwalls f****n miles from anywhere there aint even a footie team for hundred miles :D .....I had a mate moved down to Redruth had a nice drum and plenty of money.....but nothing to spend it on he moved back after 2 years !!

wrong shaped ball for me to worry about mate im a peanut chaser, we also go down there on holiday in december so weather is not really the clincher but giving up my everyday life and friends will be hard i agree. my life up here is pretty easy.wife earns enough money for us to live ,no mortgage,house is bought and paid for so i only work as and when. maybe its the easy life i dont want to give up. :D
  • Like 1

So we will expect to see you spend 3weeks on the rannoch next year gnash lol

6 days and counting :cray: .........................as much as im looking forward to the challenge im not sure i could take 3 weeks worth of Scotland......even in a nice comfy hotel :D

been going to cornwall on holiday for 20 years now, i love the place and go three times a year. often talked about how good it would be to live there. now the missus has gone and got herself a job offer down there and all i can do is think about what im leaving behind up here, kids[grown up ones] mates, rabbiting permission, allotment. I love the fishing and walking down there and have made a few friends over the years but cant make my mind up whether to stick with what ive got or take a gamble. Any of you ever been in a position like this.

What if, thats what you'll be asking yourself years from now. If its a good job your misses has lined up then go for it. Rent a house and if it doesn't go to plan the worst you can do is head back home again............ :thumbs:

been going to cornwall on holiday for 20 years now, i love the place and go three times a year. often talked about how good it would be to live there. now the missus has gone and got herself a job offer down there and all i can do is think about what im leaving behind up here, kids[grown up ones] mates, rabbiting permission, allotment. I love the fishing and walking down there and have made a few friends over the years but cant make my mind up whether to stick with what ive got or take a gamble. Any of you ever been in a position like this.

What if, thats what you'll be asking yourself years from now. If its a good job your misses has lined up then go for it. Rent a house and if it doesn't go to plan the worst you can do is head back home again............ :thumbs:

spot on mate, i was thinking that. Give it a go and if it dont work you still got your house and old mates to move back to . As been said though living some where 24/7, differnt to say living 12 weeks of the year.? But you been going 20 odd years, so all straw chewers lol local's will have met you by now.And the BRICK lives there so you might even get a night out with him .lol

About 12 years ago I came to Devon on a 3 month contract and never left. One of the lads I was working with turned to me one day and said “Look at those tourists they have paid to come here, I am paid to live here.” That summed it up for me. The down side to Devon and I suspect possibly Cornwall is houses prices but if you get to know the area there are bargains to be had.

it is a good job mate she will be able to keep me in the manner to which i have be come accustomed lol. she says i have to fill the freezer with fish and other meats. to pay my way. what a bitch :boogy: . i should be able to pick up some work myself anyway as im an electrician and tere seems to be a few jobs about down there. Edited by robbo

go for it mate.plenty of rabbits down here great round the coast and seen this rabbit a few timespost-72644-0-69551900-1337189987.jpg

not sure what i would do if i shone a beam on that one dark night :blink:

well gents thanks for all the replies. she has accepted the job and we begin life in cornwall in july. does any body know of any shows or meet ups that go on down there. been to one at falmouth some years back but dont know if that still goes on.

• Like 1