My new lurcher...

Just been out on a walk with her.

She walks off lead better than on. Pulls like a train on the lead but did settle a bit after a run across the fields. Off the lead she walks to heel. Walked her past a field of cows and a paddock of horses off lead and she didn't bat an eyelid at them.

Her recall when it's just me and her is perfect. 100%. She goes deaf if we are out with other people and dogs like we were across the park yesterday. But this was the first day of getting her and she just wanted to play around.

She jumps like a dream. 5 bar gates she flys over and barely touches down.

She is alert, always looking, listening and marks up sets by standing with one leg cocked. Not on all sets, just some. So she "may" make a good ferreting dog - of course these could be false marks - we won't know yet.

She doesn't pay any attention to the ferrets and has no want to play with them or even sniff them.

She's slept in the kitchen on a blanket overnight. Not made a sound and no mess at all. Went straight out to empty herself this morning.

So far - I couldn't ask for any more.

On the walk...

3f771a14.jpg

Back home relaxing...

a51b7ea2.jpg

• Like 3

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a quick update for those who were following.   Had her just over 2 months now and she's doing great, really bonded with her.   Just had her out on the lamp for half an hour, I know it's still

Happy Happy dog given a 2nd chance, happy owner, all coming together nicely

Just been out on a walk with her.   She walks off lead better than on. Pulls like a train on the lead but did settle a bit after a run across the fields. Off the lead she walks to heel. Walked her p

She seems to have settled with you just keep building that bond with her, you've got all the summer months to work on things with her.

Hope you have many years of working together just take it slow and easy with her and it should all pay dividends in the season. :)

• Like 1

Cheers Lads.

Had her out with the tennis ball tonight and she loved it.

Didn't overdo it. First 2 she brought back to about 2 feet away. Third one she got excited and pissed off and did a lap of honour before lying down about 10 feet away. Fourth one she brought to hand so I left it at that and called it a night.

Couldn't be more pleased with her.

• Like 2
Guest FTBBTH

looks really nice dog, to me id say bull lurcher, not alot of saluki she's got a short stiff muzzle not like the long thin types on saluki cross, either way like rocky said you wont know until you meet the breeder, atb with her :thumbs: