A visit to see a old friend, the Master himself Tony Wall at SFS

Hi lads,

Here are just a few quick pictures from a visit I have just made to see a old friend, Tony Wall at Sandwell Field Sports (SFS).

While I was there I couldn't help purchasing 2 new rifles which Ill do a review on them both later on over the next few months.

A full clip from the video I took will follow within the next few weeks on VerminHuntersTV after I return to film part 2 on invite by Tony when we do some shooting and rifle testing with him in his premises.

The .177 BSA R10 mark 2 in the picture is now safely in my gun cabinet after being given a shorter and screw cut barrel, custom cocking bolt, custom dust plug and other little tweaks from John Bowkett and Tony Wall himself.

The other rifle I pick up in a few weeks time after Tony has worked his magic on it and give it a full tune. (.22 Weihrauch HW97KT in the nice wooden stock).

Si.

post-2627-0-33178100-1337032971.jpg

post-2627-0-96513100-1337032974.jpg

post-2627-0-54552200-1337032982.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi lads,   Here are just a few quick pictures from a visit I have just made to see a old friend, Tony Wall at Sandwell Field Sports (SFS).   While I was there I couldn't help purchasing 2 new rifl

I dont care what people say, stuff tactical stocks, you cant beat a bit of nice wood

Crikey, Keith Lemon's put on some weight

Posted Images

Nice dark stock there mate, I always thought you'd go back to the R10 one day? Like to see the review and compare the difference between 177 and 22 with this gun.

Atb chris

Lovely looking R10 Si :);),

Wow bud You don't half go through some Guns !!!!! Stuffy bugger :laugh:, Me i'm just sticking with the Rapid & Benelli a cracking partnership for Me :yes:

Look forward to the Review Bud. Cracking Armoury you've got now :icon_redface: :icon_redface: Can't You feel the Envy.

atvb Daz 7.

Thanks lads, yes a review will follow in time.

I do love BSA rifles and this was not on the cards prior to entering the premises.

Tony offered me 2 deals though that I couldn't turn down in return for all the business that i have been putting his way in the past so I ended up with 2 new rifles.

Ive just chronoed the r10 with my F1 chrono and its doing a very nice and consistent 10.9 foot pounds with AA Fields so will go to about 11.1 or 11.2 when its fully run in.

Top man and well worth a visit if your after a new rifle.

When you see the video i took in the work shop and what Tony does to springers you will see why i have now had 6 rifles off him in total.

Si.

Edited by zini
  • Like 1

Here are the results of the chrono session over a 10 shot mag that I'm using for Chair Gun calibration with the new scope.

765.0 feet per second

761.7 feet per second

Average speed reading = 764.51 feet per second.

Total spread = 5 feet per second which is pretty good for a rifle still settling down and if I'm honest I think this rifle would stay within these reading through 2 or even 3 mags if i kept testing it further.

or

10.9 foot pounds.

I dont care what people say, stuff tactical stocks, you cant beat a bit of nice wood :D

Yeah true Dark Lord, but the XVI just wouldn't look good in wood :no:

Crikey, Keith Lemon's put on some weight

Glad I'm not the only one that thought Tony looked like Kieth (insult or complement, I've yet to decide) :laugh:

Tony