the perfect rabbit dog

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your deer x's are that good you went and bought a bull x FOR RABBITS,you are deluded to think that a 28 tts deer x is going to turn better than a little beddy/whip.As a out and out rabbit dog for ferr

one that catches rabbits. with rabbits, it aint about the breed, some bull x's can excel more than some whippets. not generally, but they can. its down to the dog itself and how the strike, run and lo

My preference in dogs is collie xs so I'd chose one of them having said that a well bred whippet/grey is hard to beat at the bunnys

Posted Images

Nice looking dog there mate.. Just thinking of a nice little dog to bring up for a rabbit dog.. For a beddie bull GH for some rabbits and bigger stuff but like most I like to have more than 1 for my team so looking to add 1 to my dog after this season bit a bitch

seen very good collie crosses lamping ferreting also beddy crosses. for general mooching on not prime ground like waste land at the back of industrial estates,old pit slag heaps disused railway embankments.etc. where the rabbits are thin on the ground. seen some beddy crosses come into their own.hunt up find and catch.

i got offered a deerhound greyhound xbull colie greyhound white with a few red merle patches 15 months hasnt seen many rabbits but has killed a few hares an foxs broke to live stock an jumping gates fully vacinated an wormed to date if anyone want the mans number hes not a bullshiter its in n ireland £50

for me the best dog that could do the lot ie day and night is a 3/4 whippet x bedlington the long backed dogs. thats in 40 years hunting rabbits every one as different thoughts on the best but for me its this cross :yes: atb

I think a dh GH are a bit to tall tho

now that is a silly answer too tall i have a 28" dog what takes rabbits with ease i had a 29" witch did the same if they wont the rabbit enough they will find a way to get down to it

they make it look easy the big dogs