the perfect rabbit dog

I think a dh GH are a bit to tall tho

now that is a silly answer too tall i have a 28" dog what takes rabbits with ease i had a 29" witch did the same if they wont the rabbit enough they will find a way to get down to it

they make it look easy the big dogs

its a myth that big dogs carnt catch rabbits

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your deer x's are that good you went and bought a bull x FOR RABBITS,you are deluded to think that a 28 tts deer x is going to turn better than a little beddy/whip.As a out and out rabbit dog for ferr

one that catches rabbits. with rabbits, it aint about the breed, some bull x's can excel more than some whippets. not generally, but they can. its down to the dog itself and how the strike, run and lo

My preference in dogs is collie xs so I'd chose one of them having said that a well bred whippet/grey is hard to beat at the bunnys

Posted Images

I think a dh GH are a bit to tall tho

now that is a silly answer too tall i have a 28" dog what takes rabbits with ease i had a 29" witch did the same if they wont the rabbit enough they will find a way to get down to it

they make it look easy the big dogs

its a myth that big dogs carnt catch rabbits

very true as i said it looks easy for them once they get the hang of it atb

a good thing [bANNED TEXT] lamping with them [bANNED TEXT] ya fall ya have sumat tall to hang on to lol done it loads of time i am only 5.8 not big built i think that x is a good un that might be me being biast though as i have all ways had a dh x in my pen and will all ways have one

a good thing [bANNED TEXT] lamping with them [bANNED TEXT] ya fall ya have sumat tall to hang on to lol done it loads of time i am only 5.8 not big built i think that x is a good un that might be me being biast though as i have all ways had a dh x in my pen and will all ways have one

a deerhound for rabbits come on like.yes they can catch rabbits,but they make it look so boring big slow bad on the turn,seen some handy deerhound crosses but they bore me to be honest,there not bread for rabbits so why suggest 1,seen them excell at bigger game.for the perfect allround rabbiting dog i would go for a,saluki/whippet/grey cross collie/whippet/grey would be hard dog to beat if bread of good workers

a deerhound for rabbits come on like.yes they can catch rabbits,but they make it look so boring big slow bad on the turn,seen some handy deerhound crosses but they bore me to be honest,there not bread for rabbits so why suggest 1,seen them excell at bigger game.for the perfect allround rabbiting dog i would go for a,saluki/whippet/grey cross collie/whippet/grey would be hard dog to beat if bread of good workers

mine are worked soly on rabbits and do there job well so why not use one ? they arnt slow or bad at turning i don't no where ya get ya info on that x its wrong bud
  • Like 2

how do not go for beddie whippet x collie greyhond good x

I have some pups on with this breeding, I put a 26" 5/8grey x 3/8 collie over my 21" 3/4whipp x 1/4 beddy bitch, both racy dogs and great workers, they should make good all round rabbiting dogs? Hoping to make 23" ? 24"?

Chris

• Like 1

mine are worked soly on rabbits and do there job well so why not use one ? they arnt slow or bad at turning i don't no where ya get ya info on that x its wrong bud

any deerhound cross over 27tts realy strugle on the turn after rabbits there not whippets,they are slow of the mark,which i think is a must for a good fast rabbit catcher,fair enough they can move when they get going,i worked with my pals bitch for about 6years she was a good bitch,that excelled at teeth wasnt bad on a long ear,but for an allround rabbiting dog she was fair, much better bread dogs out there for the job,

thats rubbish all mine can turn on a six pence got good pace out of the blocks ya must have seen some poor dh x's then

yes pal u keep telling yourself that and one day it might happen,i think your a bit biased cause you own the cross, :thumbs: :thumbs: