Best part of living in the UK?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i like the winter months..   feck that yellow thing in the sky and the stupid heat it releases..

All in all we can moan about England all we like but we had a pretty good roll of the dice if we are honest! We could have been born into Pakistan, North Korea, Somalia, Afghanistan, Scotland etc.  

The countryside

It's not until I moved abroad I fully realised what the UK has to offer.

• Clean skies and no pollution - even in the big cities
  • High standard of living
  • The NHS
  • Clean, drinkable tap water
  • A good climate - believe it or not it has.

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure I could think of others.

an the dole fuckn great

Interesting opinion, isn't there anything else that makes you want to stay?

No think that just about cover it apart from that strip of water between yous an us a lot more freedom to hunt on this side

Edited by SeanMcD

It's not until I moved abroad I fully realised what the UK has to offer.

• Clean skies and no pollution - even in the big cities
  • High standard of living
  • The NHS
  • Clean, drinkable tap water
  • A good climate - believe it or not it has.

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure I could think of others.

Exactly, a lot is taken for granted and certainly by myself. I never fully appreciated how amazing fresh water from a tap is, or a flushing toilet until having to do without. But it's only when comparing to where else would be a better place to live that the UK seems to be pretty good indeed. I couldn't even live in America, with no NHS, religious nutjobs and lack of education.

ive been to america a few times and its one of the safest if not the safest places ive been. dont belive all what you see in the movies lol went to rhode island and the people there have never locked there doors and leave there car keys in there car. i couldnt belive it :thumbs:

ive been to america a few times and its one of the safest if not the safest places ive been. dont belive all what you see in the movies lol went to rhode island and the people there have never locked there doors and leave there car keys in there car. i couldnt belive it :thumbs:

guernseys like that

Yes but go 50 miles west into places like Brooklyn and Yonkers and those doors will have iron grills over them :D ...same as anywhere theres safe places and complete toilets i travelled a fair bit of America as a younger man even " nice places " on the west coat are riddled with crime places like Oakland California some beautiful places but you cant change the people living there i wouldnt want to live among them,Detroit makes Brixton look quite pleasant ! .....Look at Miami,gorgeous.....but used to have the highest rate of violent crime in America,dont know if it still has.......Tuscon,Phoenix infact the whole of Arizona is crime filled folk always tend to think the main shitholes are around New York but in my experience most were on the the west coast not east.

No give me East London any day :laugh:.....England has its problems but for people,character..............and Upton Park......this is the best place to be.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

america is a big place to generalise. some places you cant walk through without getting shot or threatened by gangs.

america is a big place to generalise. some places you cant walk through without getting shot or threatened by gangs.

I was in San Francisco in January and it was definitely mixed up, one street can look really smart with gucci shops etc, go on street down and it is crawling with smackheads screaming at the walls. I got a bit lost looking for my colleagues at an 'Irish bar' and ended up walking about at night on my todd, I am not exactly danger mouse so I didn't feel particularly safe. It wasn't so much I thought I was going to be mugged by a scary gang man, it was just how crazy the hoardes of homeless addicts were, I thought they would trip balls and think I was Satan and bite me in the scrot or something. I was following one guy and was catching up, then he knelt down and kissed the floor (passionately) before screaming something inexplicable and punched himself in the face. I walked a bit slower.

All in all we can moan about England all we like but we had a pretty good roll of the dice if we are honest! We could have been born into Pakistan, North Korea, Somalia, Afghanistan, Scotland etc.

HJ

• Like 3