saluki vs collie greyhound

Hi thinking of getting a pup sometime soon and just wondering what everybody reccomends as i'm wanting 1 for ferreting and bigger quarry, alot of people have said saluki but other people have reccomended collei greyhound

cheers

If its your first lurcher then I'd stay well clear of a saluki there bloody hard work (no brains) infact stay clear of them all together ! It's no too bad of you get one with a little saluki in, but of your just after bunnys ect go with the collie grey.

If its your first lurcher then I'd stay well clear of a saluki there bloody hard work (no brains) infact stay clear of them all together ! It's no too bad of you get one with a little saluki in, but of your just after bunnys ect go with the collie grey.

bollocks statement there pal I have both collie crosses and saluki crosses and you just need to understand the mind of the saluki and work harder with it a collie cross are more loyal and more eager to please you making the training easier so if its your first lurcher I would go with a good collie based lurcher bred from good workers take your time don't just grab the first.thing that pops up
  • Like 1

bollocks statement there pal I have both collie crosses and saluki crosses and you just need to understand the mind of the saluki and work harder with it a collie cross are more loyal and more eager to please you making the training easier so if its your first lurcher I would go with a good collie based lurcher bred from good workers take your time don't just grab the first.thing that pops up

spot on :thumbs:

Like TOMO says if its your first go for a good mixture of both but be carefull what you pick if your after bigger quarry might be better with a dog and if your after smaller stuff a bitch can never understand why theres not more sal/greyxcollie/grey stuff line bred after the first couple of matings they throw very even like peas in a pod seen a few class animals bred this way sadly the lads that had them gave up with the game and their breed has gone.

Failing that a coursing bred dog to a 3/4 greyhound collie would be spot on you get best of both worlds easy to get on with and pacy enough with a decent bit of wind. :thumbs:

• Like 2

What a load of shit.

• Like 1

Just going from what I've had and what I've seen in the past that's all. Each to there own

If its ONLY for ferreting/ rabbiting/ mouching i would recommend a collie x. If as you say you want bigger stuff too then a good dollop of saluki will help no end. Salukis have stamina, strengh and a lot more brains than the dicks who say they dont. They also have a prey drive that would put the avarage lion to shame.

• Like 2

sal/greyxcollie/grey stuff line bred after the first couple of matings they throw very even like peas in a pod seen a few class animals bred this way

Yip think a Sal/Collie/Gh types make decent dogs for most things

• Like 1