Played for 22 years now still at it , played a decent standard back with my home town club now, Thats why I got into the lurchers was worried what I was going to do after I was done...could not bear the thought of sitting in and watching x factor or some other shite. play in the back row, Lads give me some stick as I always got get back to get the dogs out after the game instead of gettin on it..or getting changed into my terrorist gear to go lamping after training lol

• Like 2

I played in the same village side as Johnnyboy for a while(obviously I was way better than him :D :D). then moved to a different side and played in welsh national division 2, when I finished playing I did the Team Managers role for a few seasons and then became coach of my lads junior team, He plays regional rugby at under 16's at the moment(Dragons) so I spend most of my time ferrying him between training and games! Wouldn't swap it for the world though, it's like re-living my career all over again :thumbs: - apart from the fact he's better than I ever was........ :D :D

Halycon days Phil, great times. You always had size on your side you big shouldered brute. :D

Heard good things about your lad, hope to see him playing for the senior Dragons side in a few years and then after that who knows. :victory:

Yeah they were good times John, unfortunately the games changed for the worse :thumbdown:, we definately had the best days butt! - by the way the shoulders came from lots of wanking... :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 2

I played through school years at tight head. First got into it at junior school when I had a welsh teacher who insisted we had a rugby team. No other junior schools played rugby so we had to play senior schools. This was full contact and we frequently got mullered but I would never miss a game. One of my lads now plays flanker for local club U13's.

Played since school, back row and second row....that was in Larkhall...I know a wierd place to play rugby, but we had some real animals playing. Then I played for Dalziel and then Linlithgow for a long time.....moved to inside centre from back row as I was picking up too many injuries! Then I busted 3 vertebrae on a frozen pitch and I was ooot! Loved it....nothing better, had to be nice and suited up all week, speak politely and then on a saturday, got to mash folk on the pitch and get mashed afterwards in the bar!

Best sport in the world.....sadly ruined by professionalism.....in my opinion!

Still love watching, but too old and broken now......still go on tour tho!

Been all over the world with it, been to all the home nations grounds and been to South Africa and Australia....I will be encouraging my wee lad to play, thats for sure.

Played for 22 years now still at it , played a decent standard back with my home town club now, Thats why I got into the lurchers was worried what I was going to do after I was done...could not bear the thought of sitting in and watching x factor or some other shite. play in the back row, Lads give me some stick as I always got get back to get the dogs out after the game instead of gettin on it..or getting changed into my terrorist gear to go lamping after training lol

just to add we use to be in the same team i was loose head and owen was openside, owens very good player , we played against nec harlequins , also played at twickenham, money was always paid late tho, paying the price now tho im in for hip replacement tommorrow, warn out all me cartilage ,we had some good times tho, ps its a shame your brother didnt make the grade lol

I manage Greater Bham u16s , my son plays for Moseley , and Gtr Bham , has also represented Staffordshire , he plays 6or 8 , hes ten times the player I was !!!

played moseley mate , when there pack were the only players full time in the team. hand on heart that is the hardest scrum ive ever hit, hard mothers. your boy play first team mate, they are well known for there strength in the pack, good luck any way.

I manage Greater Bham u16s , my son plays for Moseley , and Gtr Bham , has also represented Staffordshire , he plays 6or 8 , hes ten times the player I was !!!

played moseley mate , when there pack were the only players full time in the team. hand on heart that is the hardest scrum ive ever hit, hard mothers. your boy play first team mate, they are well known for there strength in the pack, good luck any way.

He goes into the Colts in September , then they decide to offer you a contract after that or not , but yes , Moseley are a good standard at all ages , thanks mate .

• 2 months later...

played since i was 6 . played for cardiff blues 16, 18s wales u16s just finished youth moving seniors in pre season now play centre or wing

Edited by Wales1234

Used to play scrum half or outside half at school but we were predominantly soccer or men's hockey so our rugby teams were carp and got ripped to pieces. My son plays loosehead which confirms the saying "no sense, no feeling". What winds me up is the standard of reffing at school level - varies from good through iffy to positively dangerous at times.

We go to London Irish when other commitments allow. Wonder how this season will go with a fresh coaching team?

Nick