Where is Remote

easy pack food..

cup a soup/ potnoodle.etc..break em down and pack in those re sealable bags.. as for a stove, kelly kettle too bulky..i use a small gas stove ,,the one were you can remove the small gas cannister..cheap enamel steel mug from boyes, about a couple of quid..

Thats it Byron :thumbs: ........ive got hold of one of those little pocket rocket things,weighs about half a pound and fits in a 1 litre pot !!......Do you find you have to build any kind of windbreaker first ?

Fishings not my thing at all i wouldnt have a clue......id have as much chance with a sharpened spear as with a rod............now theres an idea :hmm:

Edited by gnasher16

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to say thanks to the good folk off here who gave me help and advice i got back off my little trip Tuesday last week it was a piece of cake really nowhere near as bad as i thought it might be.....

I had completely forgotten that you were going to do this and hadn't realised you had been, done it and come back, good effort. There is something very uplifting and calming about having a week to yo

Thankyou sir ......its mad the way the mind plays tricks with you....no doubt about it there was times when i thought " f**k this what am i doing this for,never again "......but when i got back home

Posted Images

easy pack food..

cup a soup/ potnoodle.etc..break em down and pack in those re sealable bags.. as for a stove, kelly kettle too bulky..i use a small gas stove ,,the one were you can remove the small gas cannister..cheap enamel steel mug from boyes, about a couple of quid..

Thats it Byron :thumbs: ........ive got hold of one of those little pocket rocket things,weighs about half a pound and fits in a 1 litre pot !!......Do you find you have to build any kind of windbreaker first ?

Fishings not my thing at all i wouldnt have a clue......id have as much chance with a sharpened spear as with a rod............now theres an idea :hmm:

them pocket rokets are best about mate, you should only need a wind break if its a serious wind, we used em all time in army, an if you wanna save gas whilst using it, get a mess tim or summat with a lid, itll boil a lot quicker :thumbs:

gnasher ,,

this is the little stove i use,,i can knock a drink/soup up in about three mins with this set up,,the cannisters/stove can be bought from argos,sometimes tesco.. mine came from car boot..lol...the reason i use these cannisters is because you can break them down,,[ie they pack smaller] they are campingaz cv 270 easy click..the others you can use dont allow you to take the cannister of..be aware of this.. but there again i dont know what stove your using..this little stove has been worth its weight in gold..has been used in france/spain/portugal,,even africa so dont be put off by there cheapness..the bacca tins just for scale.. little tip you will allus get water from churchyards,,and a nice quite place to spend the night..if that is one,s on your route..any way best of look ,,like i said you will most probally get a taste for it ..good luck...

post-945-0-68300900-1334567407_thumb.jpg

post-945-0-58913300-1334567424_thumb.jpg

Gnash, credit to you for doing this. I've only ever done a night here and there, nothing like this. One thing I would be doing if I was you would be a sat-sun trial hike/camp. It's alright messing about in ya back garden with ya kit and thinking it all through while the tv adverts are on but a weekend trial run will give you a bit more of a taste of what's to come and show any not quite so obvious issues. Any serious expedition would do the same. A bit like sea trial for a new naval ship :laugh: . Just a thought fella....

You're taking food? Don't forget your tampons too then you big girl.

Nah, should be good. How much of your own food are you planning on acquiring though, is it mostly the camping part that is the challenge?

Yes im taking food......this will be the first time ive even camped one night out on my own so yes the camping part will definately be a challenge im no Bear Grylls like some of you lads i dont mind admitting......as for the couple of pricks who messaged to tell me what a big girl i am because its only a week and im taking my own food..........get in a boxing ring for 2 rounds ( just 6 minutes )with a bigger stronger opponent and see how you fair ;) ....see its easy doing the things that come natural.....the test is when we step out of our comfort zone and do something that dont come natural.......

Apart from a couple of folk on here who think they are Rambo/Scwarzeneger/Bear Grylls all rolled into one........i very much appreciate the advice and general kindness a lot of you lads have showed its very decent of you :thumbs:

good luck gnash sounds like you have your head in the right place as far as kit goes a couple of pairs of neopren socks would be on my list good ankle support . keep a dairy .an im looking forward to the result topic.......this one has been good reading :thumbs:

fiar play to ya if youve never camped befor,,, ide do what born hunter sugest have a practice if you can,,,,

have you borrowed a tent,,,,,,,,,,,or been to decathlon and bought one of those little quecha pop up ones ;)

• 1 month later...

Just to say thanks to the good folk off here who gave me help and advice i got back off my little trip Tuesday last week it was a piece of cake really nowhere near as bad as i thought it might be.....the weather was great which helped obviously and thankfully id planned my route well enough not to get into too much bother.....i lost 12 lb in weight over the week which i was told to expect anyway,the only factor i probably underestimated a bit was the sheer boredom to the point where i was having full blown conversations with full stops and comma,s with myself !!........The beauty and sense of being so close to nature was something i really enjoyed though i must admit by the last few days i was dying for a few home comforts.......that said its certainly something i,ll be looking at doing again at some stage.....................and the main thing is,i won the bet :D .....my mrs and a few pals had arranged a small knees up in a hotel close by so it was a nice end to a hard but very rewarding week............maybe the start of a new mid life hobby here :icon_redface: ..............anyway,thanks again :thumbs:

• Like 8