why do bull crosses have there own class at shows?????

first i best start by saying im not really into shows but why does the above take place at most of them you see on here??? surly it creates a divided between "them and us" type people on both sides!!! you get fine looking speciems in all Xs so why not throw them altogether in over 23in or under 23in :hmm: just seems pointless and stupid to me, they are just lurchers as much as any other cross and dont deserve any special treatment :thumbs:

You wouldn't want to comb and clean your dog all day to get beaten of a bullx now would you.......... :whistling:

:laugh: drop a couple of stone off your lab, paint him black and you can sneak him in the bull cross class mate :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

keeps all the knobs in the one place

Isn't the idea of the independant shows (not those that travel the country like a straw bale roadshow) to raise money for local hunts and or terrier / lurcher clubs?   Get as many classes in as poss

is a lurcher a fixed shape???

Posted Images

first i best start by saying im not really into shows but why does the above take place at most of them you see on here??? surly it creates a divided between "them and us" type people on both sides!!! you get fine looking speciems in all Xs so why not throw them altogether in over 23in or under 23in :hmm: just seems pointless and stupid to me, they are just lurchers as much as any other cross and dont deserve any special treatment :thumbs:

You wouldn't want to comb and clean your dog all day to get beaten of a bullx now would you.......... :whistling:

:laugh: drop a couple of stone off your lab, paint him black and you can sneak him in the bull cross class mate :laugh: :laugh:

Cheeky c**t.....there racier than some of the bulls ive seen on here..... :yes:

• Like 1

Cheeky c**t.....there racier than some of the bulls ive seen on here..... :yes:

carn`t beat a bit of bully :laugh:

is lurcher isnt a set shape but has certain conformatities that should be looked for when judging and unfortunately alot of bullxs especially halfxs and even some 1/4s just dont match upto that so they have there own class because you look for different characteristics. judging a bullx next to a whippet is like putting a shitzu in with great danes

I don't believe im doing this but......

Spot on :thumbs:

You agreed with 4567891011121314

Oh my god,,,who does that??

I nearly did :blink::laugh:

Cheers, D.

imo having a bullx class is no differant to having any other classs rough ,smooth ,over ,under saluki type sighthound class . it all brings the pounds in which the smaller shows and charity shows certainly need

• Like 3

one thing i would mention is when i judge a bull cross class or a beddie class i always try to make the winnners line up resemble what they are supposed to be representing ,ie a typical bull or beddie cross and not something that has a bit of the cross in it but about nine generations back and have no similarity to what cross they are being judged as .

• Like 2

Very nice dog. And I should think it did win: look at what show it was entered in: EDRD. Show for working dogs. Not your average country fair.

It won the countryman's weekly Lurcher champion of champions as well in the same year at the midland game fair.... Edited by THE MAN

Hmmm this is controversial,but I tend to agree why should we have a seperate class for Bull x,and who decided this should be so in the first place,if we had a class for every different type of lurcher we would be here all day and night until the winners finally got decided, and if the bull x dont conform to normal lurcher specifications then they are not lurchers in the true sense of the word andshould not be entered in lurcher shows full stop.

Hmmm this is controversial,but I tend to agree why should we have a seperate class for Bull x,and who decided this should be so in the first place,if we had a class for every different type of lurcher we would be here all day and night until the winners finally got decided, and if the bull x dont conform to normal lurcher specifications then they are not lurchers in the true sense of the word andshould not be entered in lurcher shows full stop.

If thats the basis of your argument..then why have different classes for terriers eh? could go on but imo its a pointless thread goin nowhere..atb stabba

If thats the basis of your argument..then why have different classes for terriers eh? could go on but imo its a pointless thread goin nowhere..atb stabba

but you still replyed to it :laugh: