diana 56th pig hunt

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes you lads make me laugh. Anything different and you mount right up on your high horses. Look at the reality of the situation, its a quarter grown piglet not an adult boar, head shot and quite

I have found this topic quite amusing to be honest. With the size of the pig it is quite clear it isn't quite fully developed yet and as we all know a young animals bones are still growing and getting

Posted Images

The gun in the pic's a Diana side lever of some kind, looks like a mod 48 or one of it's developments. A very well fettled one will give low to mid 30s with a mid weight pellet before it turns into an unshootable dog. They don't like heavy pellets such as the Baracuds power wise, so this will drop to mid to high 20s at best in .22. This is all pretty academic though as shooting something such as a wild pig with this kind of kit is bloody irresponsible to say the least, IMHO.

• Like 1

I have found this topic quite amusing to be honest. With the size of the pig it is quite clear it isn't quite fully developed yet and as we all know a young animals bones are still growing and getting stronger and are not the strength of a fully matured adult. This is probably why he had taken the shoot on the young pig not a the parents. Often on this forum the 'regulars' will comment to give and share advise but can all so make it an unwelcome place to be on with the criticism them give to people. The man is simply trying to share his hunting stories with fellow hunters and not for them to turn around and they them there story is a load of bull sh*t. If the man has proof In pictures of what he has taken while hunting then that and his word is enough for me.

Rant over it's just iv seen a few topic like this where the seasoned shooters on here have 'ganged' up and made new members feel unwelcome

Thanks for reading

Lewis

• Like 4

Nice shooting pal, I must say I am surprised to see something so large taken down with an air rifle. :blink: But either way nice shot placement though seems to have done the job well enough. :thumbs:

ATB Si :thumbs:

i shot my brother in the arse when i was younger he went straight down, just wish i had ran straight away and not waited till he got up cause bugger that did hurt

I have found this topic quite amusing to be honest. With the size of the pig it is quite clear it isn't quite fully developed yet and as we all know a young animals bones are still growing and getting stronger and are not the strength of a fully matured adult. This is probably why he had taken the shoot on the young pig not a the parents. Often on this forum the 'regulars' will comment to give and share advise but can all so make it an unwelcome place to be on with the criticism them give to people. The man is simply trying to share his hunting stories with fellow hunters and not for them to turn around and they them there story is a load of bull sh*t. If the man has proof In pictures of what he has taken while hunting then that and his word is enough for me.

Rant over it's just iv seen a few topic like this where the seasoned shooters on here have 'ganged' up and made new members feel unwelcome

Thanks for reading

Lewis

Thanks for the rescue well said.

As a reg myself (well I used to be) I wasn't trying to gang up :no:

Does anyone remember the springers used in the Gamo Raptor Pellets, vids?

They were bringing down hogs with them. Both in .177 and .22 :yes:

Tony

Sometimes you lads make me laugh. Anything different and you mount right up on your high horses. Look at the reality of the situation, its a quarter grown piglet not an adult boar, head shot and quite clearly went straight down, theres no ground disturbance, little blood, all the signs of a clean kill to me. If you had shot an animal of that size from 40 yards with a .308 you'd have to scrape it up with a shovel.

It would be nice to see a few more foreign airgun hunters posting on here but its hardly likely with the reception they get.

Edited by Tyla
  • Like 5

keep your storys coming bud and proove them wrong i like to hear what other people around the world are doing to push the boundrys of airgun hunting as we know it. ....fair play to you mate ;)

Edited by kanny

Thanks for the appreciation ,Its quite difficult to get serious air gun hunting equipment ,guns and pellets .had to import the guns from dubai and pellets from uk.mostly i do wild hair and dove hunt i have got a diana mod 35,36,45,460 witch i got today and this diana 56 you saw in pics this gun is very nice but its very heavy.

.22 just SCRATCHIN the surface :whistling:

Hi Lewis.

What you say is quite right, and a valid point :yes:

The comment I made above was meant in jest, SCRATCHIN being a by product of a Pig/Boar, so if it came across as being

a contradiction of "Pro Extreme Hunter" it wasnt meant to be :thumbs:

Hope it has not SOWerd the post :thumbs:

Bill. :victory:

• Like 1

Sometimes you lads make me laugh. Anything different and you mount right up on your high horses. Look at the reality of the situation, its a quarter grown piglet not an adult boar, head shot and quite clearly went straight down, theres no ground disturbance, little blood, all the signs of a clean kill to me. If you had shot an animal of that size from 40 yards with a .308 you'd have to scrape it up with a shovel.

It would be nice to see a few more foreign airgun hunters posting on here but its hardly likely with the reception they get.

very nice observation from pics ,my friend has a walther g22 22 gun and he shoots big ones regularly in his area by placing head shoots .WE witnessed at lot of kills with that gun upto 65 yard.