diana 56th pig hunt

Hi Sweeney

The post was aimed at dedger and Duncan then the way andy has posted his replies to the topic wasnt very welcoming to the site. Over the last year the air gun section of the site has become very boring if that's the word I couldn't think of another word and I why the old regulars like piano man and phantom probably now don't visit the site as much as what they did because they can be bothered with the people who are now on it.

Lewis

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes you lads make me laugh. Anything different and you mount right up on your high horses. Look at the reality of the situation, its a quarter grown piglet not an adult boar, head shot and quite

I have found this topic quite amusing to be honest. With the size of the pig it is quite clear it isn't quite fully developed yet and as we all know a young animals bones are still growing and getting

Posted Images

Anyway back to the thread, what did you do with the shot pig mate?

The reason I am asking is you are from Pakistan and I wasn’t sure if the meat would of been allowed to be eaten (religion depending) or the quarry was classed as a pest and shot just to keep the numbers down then the carcass disposed of in another way.

I know in some areas of the world wild pigs are getting increasingly common and causing a lot of damage for farmers etc.

Just our of interest to pal, what’s the biggest animal and at what range have you shot cleanly a quarry species with your air rifle buddy? I understand that your from another country and you don’t abide by British shooting laws so its not in any way a trick question just more of interest to me and a eye opener to see what 37 foot pounds is capable of.

Kind regards

Si.

Edited by zini

Wow that is some boar in the first picture hey Bill?

I bet that wasnt shot with anything smaller than a tank :laugh: .

Looks like a intersting site though and it would make a great HLF meet location ;) .

Thanks for posting.

Si.

• Like 1

Wow that is some boar in the first picture hey Bill?

I bet that wasnt shot with anything smaller than a tank :laugh: .

Looks like a intersting site though and it would make a great HLF meet location ;) .

Thanks for posting.

Si.

Hi Si.

Think it was taken with a Wombat :icon_eek: , and yes its a big old beast :icon_eek:

While on manouvers on "Senalarger/Saltau ( spelling? :hmm::D ) we used to get them wandering around the bivis, early morning or at night.

Dug many a pit, but we never managed to catch a bugger :huh:

Make a hoofing sandwhich :D

Bill. :victory:

Yep been there too Bill many a time.

Saltau is now closed to the Brits but Sennelager is still up and running and being used often.

I used to live 20 mins from Saltau (Bergen).

Big old dirty beasts around that way hey? Some big boar too :laugh: .

Si

Edited by zini

Yep been there too Bill many a time.

Saltau is now closed to the Brits but Sennelager is still up and running and being used often.

I used to live 20 mins from Saltau (Bergen).

Big old dirty beasts around that way hey? Some big boar too :laugh: .

Si

Big old dirty beasts......................... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::thumbs:

Anyway back to the thread, what did you do with the shot pig mate?

The reason I am asking is you are from Pakistan and I wasn’t sure if the meat would of been allowed to be eaten (religion depending) or the quarry was classed as a pest and shot just to keep the numbers down then the carcass disposed of in another way.

I know in some areas of the world wild pigs are getting increasingly common and causing a lot of damage for farmers etc.

Just our of interest to pal, what’s the biggest animal and at what range have you shot cleanly a quarry species with your air rifle buddy? I understand that your from another country and you don’t abide by British shooting laws so its not in any way a trick question just more of interest to me and a eye opener to see what 37 foot pounds is capable of.

Kind regards

Si.

Yes you are right i dont eat it but there are a people who pay a money for these and eat them.and the local authorities pay some money if you have permit to shoot them because they are considered major pest in my area and are great in numbers.the biggest one i got with this gun was a lot bigger then this one was shoot from 10 yard from my car .

The gun in the pic's a Diana side lever of some kind, looks like a mod 48 or one of it's developments. A very well fettled one will give low to mid 30s with a mid weight pellet before it turns into an unshootable dog. They don't like heavy pellets such as the Baracuds power wise, so this will drop to mid to high 20s at best in .22. This is all pretty academic though as shooting something such as a wild pig with this kind of kit is bloody irresponsible to say the least, IMHO.

you are quite right regarding the weight of pellets and spring guns ,i recently purchased a diana 460 magnum which is around same power as diana 48 but this gun does not shoot heavy pellets with same power as the gun in the pics,i have tested these pellets at 50 yard with this gun and compared 12 other kind of pellets for penetration in plywood before deciding to use this pellet for pig hunt.

The gun in the pic's a Diana side lever of some kind, looks like a mod 48 or one of it's developments. A very well fettled one will give low to mid 30s with a mid weight pellet before it turns into an unshootable dog. They don't like heavy pellets such as the Baracuds power wise, so this will drop to mid to high 20s at best in .22. This is all pretty academic though as shooting something such as a wild pig with this kind of kit is bloody irresponsible to say the least, IMHO.

you are quite right regarding the weight of pellets and spring guns ,i recently purchased a diana 460 magnum which is around same power as diana 48 but this gun does not shoot heavy pellets with same power as the gun in the pics,i have tested these pellets at 50 yard with this gun and compared 12 other kind of pellets for penetration in plywood before deciding to use this pellet for pig hunt.

Fair play to you, mate. I'm sorry if I took your first posts with a rather large pinch of sceptacism but having read through your replys I can see you seem to be genuine :thumbs::icon_redface:

I've had a fair bit of experience with Diana springers with a high power output and I've found Crosman Premiers to be a consistantly good performer through all of them in .22. If you've not tried them yet, give them a go.

I still think you're pushing your luck a good bit but if it works for you then I hope your luck holds out!! :laugh::D Interesting post, please keep them up :victory:

Just got a tin of the Crosman Premier Ultra Magnum's Andy.

Put them through my 19 along with AAF's and (dont laugh) Mil-Cals.

Interesting results in the shot to shot variation AAF=7fps MilCal=15fps and the Prems only 5fps Rifle averaging 10.5ft/lbs

Just hope they are going to group well in the springer, it's of out next week :victory:

Tony

Nice mate wish They were pest where I lived I would eat well !!!! :)

Nice mate wish They were pest where I lived I would eat well !!!! :)

Give em chance!

More and more Wild Boar are breeding in the UK :yes:

Just like Rabbits, Foxes, Parakeets and Collerd Doves, they will become a pest :yes: But not for anything sub 12 though :no: In fact I reckon a .308 will be the minimumn allowed in the UK for them.

Tony

Edited by Phantom

Fair play to you, mate. I'm sorry if I took your first posts with a rather large pinch of sceptacism but having read through your replys I can see you seem to be genuine :thumbs::icon_redface:

I've had a fair bit of experience with Diana springers with a high power output and I've found Crosman Premiers to be a consistantly good performer through all of them in .22. If you've not tried them yet, give them a go.

I still think you're pushing your luck a good bit but if it works for you then I hope your luck holds out!! :laugh::D Interesting post, please keep them up :victory:

Yes i have heard about crosman premiers they were on my list witch i gave to my bro who visited uk last month and he went to a shop in Peterborough uk cause it was near by ,so he got prometheus yellow ones witch are not accurate at all in my airguns,h&n baracuda match ,jsb diablo exact witch are also not accurate in my airguns.diana magnums very accurate in all my airguns,diana point very accurate upto 50 yard,bsa storm working well not great ,and these wasp magnum i dont know what to do with them these are so heavy will love to have a airgun witch can shoot these.