why does dogs eat their own shit ???

caught my pup doing it today also had a dog that di it years ago bit grew out of it lol the question is why ? i,ve heard a few reason like the food been weat toilerted or somthink like that ,anyway has any of use be able 2 correct it

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It tastes nice!   Trust me

I've never heard of raw fed dogs doing it. When, in the old days, I fed complete food, I had a couple do it as pups. The moment I switched to raw meat and bone etc it stopped. Some people say that do

To stop you from kissing them or or because they've seen you doing it

caught my pup doing it today also had a dog that di it years ago bit grew out of it lol the question is why ? i,ve heard a few reason like the food been weat toilerted or somthink like that ,anyway has any of use be able 2 correct it

cover a turd in mustard and pepper :thumbs: smell and taste correction :laugh: and i have no idea why :laugh:
:whistling: one of mine does it -- even hides a few in his bed for supper ...he`s 5 year old tried the pineapple and tomatos he thinks i`m doin him a favour . have to be quick with the old dustpan ...
  • Like 1

Arnt tomato's bad for dogs??

My terrier loves to eat horse, sheep and rabbit shit WTF :hmm:

Tomato,s are good for dogs that suffer cramp mate..never heard of it being used to stop em eating their own turds though :thumbs:

:whistling: one of mine does it -- even hides a few in his bed for supper ...he`s 5 year old tried the pineapple and tomatos he thinks i`m doin him a favour . have to be quick with the old dustpan ...

mustard :D he loves a bit of mustard on it ....

thats grand kids for ya :whistling::laugh:

maybe penny[skycat] might be able 2 help :thumbs:

the dog will eat its own shit @ its bored b it is lacking in essencial bacteria to digest its food it will eat shit to top up that bacteria for digestion