market ferrets

there was between 70 / 80 ferrets for auction at melton today ,its the end of the season so people get rid of them

bun005-1.jpg

there were more ferrets for sale than there was rabbits

bun007.jpg

this jill wanted to take two jills home

bun003-1.jpg

sad when people just get rid ,the two does my Mrs took out the box were very tame and looked like they had done a fair bit of late season graft.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A true ferreter is someone who has and looks after them all the year round, and has a genuine interest in their welfare. IMO.

The RSPCA mantain a strong presence at Melton due to the amount of livestock sold ,they ,and i,have no issue with the way they are presented for sale , they have to be in clean ,dry, bedding,in cool,a

sad state of afairs that micky

It annoys me when people sell their workers and then buy more for next season. If you've got a good worker then you'd want to hang on to it so I imagine there's a lot of dead weight there...

sad this is,,,,,,these little stinkers have worked their little hearts out for some people and at the end of it .......it all comes to this,,,,,flogged off at a fukin market,,,,,,surely people must realise that a ferret is for life,,,not just for the rabbiting season,,,,,pisses me right off

• Like 1

That's shocking but maybe folk are packing in because of the lack of rabbits ,just like when myxi was first introduced

plenty of rabbits here mate ,not many people want them though

bun008.jpg

thats a great shame these arsoles should'nt even be aloud to keep animals they hardly cost a fortune to feed and look after. they most probably spend more money on a friday night getting pissed. sad to see them stuck in a plastic bucket to sell for a couple of quid for the same arseoles to do it again next year......tosses....

• Like 2

very sad....mine get run of the garden over the summer....can't beat having a few beers in the sun and watching the stinkers do that wierd sidewards bouncing thing at each other.

aren't these people wasting time at the start of the season bringing on new ferrets every year? they're hardly high maintenance or expensive to keep over the summer are they! If you keep your ferrets you know you've got ferrets that know what they're doing from day 1 of the season, surely? odd!

Been to a market before, never again. Wanted to take the lot home. I think its sad, couldnt people take them to a rescue that way

they wont be rehomed to any tom, dick or harry. No life for the ferrets, most probably will be past from pillar to post all their lifes as no doubt

some of them will end up back on that market. Sad when folk think about money over animals welfare.