Cows!

Mawders

Hi all,

Gained a new permission just up the road which consists of a barn and about 3 fields with hedge rows seperating the fields and the occasional big tree along the hedge row. Now I went up there this morning to see what's about and saw plenty of pigeons and crows landing in the trees and the occasional white tail of a bunny running away.

My plan was to sit down below a tree static and wait for the said birds and see if the rabbits would come back out. Now this is where my problem started. There are no gates between the fields so the farmers cows some of which were bulls were following me round like the cravendale advert in a creepy manner and just staring at me. Cows freak me out and every time I turned my back they closer and closer! I didn't feel safe sitting down on the off chance I got trampled to death!

Anyone else got cows on their perm and if so should I be worried of them or what's the best way to get them to go away haha?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On one permission I have, the land owner buys in fattening calves every year, they're a pain in the arse until they lose interest in you, they're like a gang of mongs

If they're giving you their willies, mate, they're bulls!! I know what you mean though, they creep me out too

Go in armed with a pot of horseradish sauce, some Colmans Mustard and a Gary Rhodes cook book whilst wearing a McDonalds T shirt.....

I've heard a few people get trampled by them, these ones give me the willies lol. Might take me a while to get comfy with them being there. Not gonna brave going prone for a while that's for sure lol.

If they're giving you their willies, mate, they're bulls!! :laugh: I know what you mean though, they creep me out too :icon_eek::D

Edited by andyfr1968
  • Like 1

They can be a pain bud following you around not a great deal you can do. If you see venom viper is online ask him about the spectators when we were skinning the rabbits. You can try and move them on just don't make any fast sudden moves do everything slowly as not to make them panic and stampede

Tab

Kev

be very wary when they have calves i witnessed one kill an old lady out walking her friends dog one morning. heres a link to another lady that was killed it happens more often th people relalise http://www.dailymail...alked-dogs.html

Every year people get attacked by deer and cattle, but in nearly every instance the person was walking a dog. It is usually the dog that is at issue, and nothing to do with the person.

What you have to remember is that generally you are the most important thing that has happened to that animal all week and that is why they are interested in you. A water pistol on the nose usually dies the trick with bullocks!!