Weights & body building

The 5x5 is that more of a power lifting routine, than a conditioning one, sort of similar to the 8-5-3-1-1-1 routine, working more to single lifts rather than aesthetic muscle?

2100 calories a day :icon_eek: what age/sex are you, that is if its not too personal question?

I was force feeding 4000+ per day when I was competing, I chose to ask my mate about nutrition rather than search the net for formulas, as 5 times Mr Universe he sort of knew his stuff when it came to building a better body :yes:

Any member wanting it I could send them the training regime he uses to coach the competitors in the gym.

But then I was more strength aimed than body building, giving up after only coming 5th in BSM

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a ridiculous pile of nonsense..........what a miserable life it would be if folk just settled for what they have and had no desire to improve........no point doing overtime when you already have

Buttermilk is the colour of my hair!!! Body builder i have never been, i'm into keeping fit. A mate of mine is a body builder, i take him out on the hil and he's fooked within half an hour of tramping

lab I know I promised not to show the lads this but I think they would be proud of your progress Keep up the good work pal :laugh:      

Let me guess .......... you got big to be a doorman, most of your type do.

This is the lad that got had over by 2 spaz's remember! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Not sure id agree with that.....personally i got big after being a doorman not before :D

Depends whether a door needs a visual deterent or someone who can get the job done i spose.........most folk i know just want to get big and strong because its the most basic physical quality a man can have if your that way inclined......nothing too complicated about it in my opinion,waking up in the morning feeling strong and healthy is a great feeling,simple.

No mate I'm at the gym. I go between 2. The local one I go to myself and there's really nobody doing weight stuff. It's not really designed for that it's pretty small.

The one I go to with my mate is bigger and has more stuff and I know a couple of lads so tips are coming in. Bug you never know if there giving the best advice and you can tell a few folk like yourself are very knowledgable on the subject.

Stick a pic up gnash you know you want to...... Ahhahahah

no no no im too shy to put my puney feeble little body on public display......anyway ive never quite cracked this posting pictures malarky its beyond my pc skills.

Dont get too wrapped up in the serious stuff just enjoy lifting iron and feeling healthy for the time being.......if you get the bug for it your own curiosity will get you the info you need but too much info as a beginner often does more harm than good ive seen it a thousand times.....best of luck :thumbs:

The handiest doorman I ever saw was about 50 odd and looked like a vicar and was a nicer bloke as you could wish to meet, even the massive black dudes wouldn't f**k with him and they were giants!!!

Some lads want to look big and some lads want to be fit.......I think the second type is the most sensible.

STRONG PUFF- I done weights because I was injured so couldn't run about so much for a while. 14 months to be exact, yeah not exactly long but once I started running and doing CV I just gave up.

What do you mean my type?

Wasn't you a doorman? Feck off and pester someone else you miserable auld Cnut. Watch your fingers on the sewing machine.

Let me guess .......... you got big to be a doorman, most of your type do.

This is the lad that got had over by 2 spaz's remember! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Not sure id agree with that.....personally i got big after being a doorman not before :D

Depends whether a door needs a visual deterent or someone who can get the job done i spose.........most folk i know just want to get big and strong because its the most basic physical quality a man can have if your that way inclined......nothing too complicated about it in my opinion,waking up in the morning feeling strong and healthy is a great feeling,simple.

Very good point. That's why I pester the missus to do simple stuff like deadlifts and OHP...in a few days her back pain completely went away. I think lifting should be done by virtually everyone...with a bit of sensible CV a few times a week.

Try tuna shakes an old mate of mine whos well known in comptetive body building cicles swears by them.

Mr Emannuell ?

Used to use these myself cos eating 4 tins a day would get a bit rough, would mix with pineapple juice to deplete the taste of fish and mix with 100g of malto dexterine powder,5mg creatine and L glutamine,feels like drinking sand, and the burps proper foy, but works a treat for building good clean mass.

another great carb uploader is baby rice, which is basically ground rice from the ethnic shops(much cheaper) :thumbs:

The 5x5 is that more of a power lifting routine, than a conditioning one, sort of similar to the 8-5-3-1-1-1 routine, working more to single lifts rather than aesthetic muscle?

2100 calories a day :icon_eek: what age/sex are you, that is if its not too personal question?

I was force feeding 4000+ per day when I was competing, I chose to ask my mate about nutrition rather than search the net for formulas, as 5 times Mr Universe he sort of knew his stuff when it came to building a better body :yes:

Any member wanting it I could send them the training regime he uses to coach the competitors in the gym.

But then I was more strength aimed than body building, giving up after only coming 5th in BSM

Indeed mate its more of a strength routine but building up your strength with big core lifts will allow you to lift heavier weights when your doing conditioning work.

No its not personal mate, I am 22 yr old male and as I said that is for me at the moment as I am CUTTING on the fat :)

Your mate sounds like a good guy to take advice from :)

as 5 times Mr Universe he sort of knew his stuff when it came to building a better body :yes:

Eddie?

The man himself, you know him like :thumbs:

My dad was a bodybuilder all his adult life and knew him

He never passed his genes on to you then you scrawny ginger man bag wearing fanny lol .........

Try tuna shakes an old mate of mine whos well known in comptetive body building cicles swears by them.

Mr Emannuell ?

Used to use these myself cos eating 4 tins a day would get a bit rough, would mix with pineapple juice to deplete the taste of fish and mix with 100g of malto dexterine powder,5mg creatine and L glutamine,feels like drinking sand, and the burps proper foy, but works a treat for building good clean mass.

another great carb uploader is baby rice, which is basically ground rice from the ethnic shops(much cheaper) :thumbs:

No Gary L