Would you keep a 10 minute Wonder

Guest AngelicAcid

Yer ur prob one of those dicks that walks around the gamefairs with smashed up dogs lookin like a tit

who is that aimed at?

ID NOT BE SEEN IN A RING PRANCING A TERRIER ROUND LIKE A BIG POOF THATS FOR SURE :bye:

MUST BE AIMED AT YOU THEN DEZZY :tongue2:

Dear oh dear.. just looked at peter4190 profile and his posts, what an exspert he is :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::cray:

Edited by "Earth!"

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

spot on alimac, we have a dog that stays, but as im to old to get down to him quickly ive to watch where i go with him, i cant let him loose anymore , but we have a bolting bitch that can be taken out

ay im a 3 min wonder and thats getting my kit off too and the missus has kept me :boogy:

Posted Images

Yer ur prob one of those dicks that walks around the gamefairs with smashed up dogs lookin like a tit

who is that aimed at?

ID NOT BE SEEN IN A RING PRANCING A TERRIER ROUND LIKE A BIG POOF THATS FOR SURE :bye:

:laugh: never at a show in my life,and before the show ponies start attacking me :chair: ,i have nothing against showing dogs,each to there own :thumbs:

who is that aimed at?

:laugh: never at a show in my life,and before the show ponies start attacking me :chair: ,i have nothing against showing dogs,each to there own :thumbs:

5 min wonders :angel::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

we had 6 to 10 feet of frost last winter, like concrete, i got laid of from work because we did´nt make a good enough progress to make a profit, i´ve been laid of for the same thing this winter with only three feet of frost.

what would you do?stay at home from november troughout february?i wont, and thats why the little bolter is priceless to us and just as important as the digging dog.

we rarely find foxes to ground unless they´ve been run in by a hound, so if the dog dont want to go, we´ll know whos to blame, and it has´nt been a problem so far.

i prefer a dig over a bolt any day, but i wont limit my hunting to a couple of months in the autumn.

If the dogs only a ten minute wonder, how in all honesty can you put 100% trust in the dog ????

I've seen seasoned decent workers that stay until dug passing stuff in the past and only found out because we would usually always try another terrier along a bank after the first dogs said no ones at home. A few people have been embarrassed over the years to say the least. So if you have a wee yo yo that you use for big spots etc and it says no you ain't really in any position to drop another dog to double check so really and truly you could be walking past stuff and you don't even know it !!!! Plus as I only hunt for the love of it and not as a job I don't mind avoiding undiggable places as they're feeder burrows and provide a safe haven for breeding etc but supply all the rest of the diggable places all threw the season which suits me alright. Not everyone's cuppa cha but there you go. Atb

You cant, as you say it can happen with either type of dog, no matter how good it is, a dog will miss quarry sooner or later.. to say because they only stir things up for a short time that they are no good at finding is rubbish. i rate my "yoyo" as a very good finder, iv had my other dogs check after its had a run through, like wise with him after another of the dogs has had a run through already.. i appriciate there not everyones cup of tea but to say they have no use at all in the terrier game is imo not right

Earth " not to be confused with a bolting terrier "?? so what would you describe a bolting terrier as then??

this bitch was dug to twice got a little stick then turned into a 10 min job didnt suit me, but the lad has her now is happy good little rater and bolter just not for me but a handy dog at times, i have limited space so cant keep em all. i prefer a gamer dog but they can break your hart when they go before there time if your happy with this type why not chances are it will live a lot longer.

post-67702-0-39827700-1329768188.jpg

If the dogs only a ten minute wonder, how in all honesty can you put 100% trust in the dog ????

I've seen seasoned decent workers that stay until dug passing stuff in the past and only found out because we would usually always try another terrier along a bank after the first dogs said no ones at home. A few people have been embarrassed over the years to say the least. So if you have a wee yo yo that you use for big spots etc and it says no you ain't really in any position to drop another dog to double check so really and truly you could be walking past stuff and you don't even know it !!!! Plus as I only hunt for the love of it and not as a job I don't mind avoiding undiggable places as they're feeder burrows and provide a safe haven for breeding etc but supply all the rest of the diggable places all threw the season which suits me alright. Not everyone's cuppa cha but there you go. Atb

You cant, as you say it can happen with either type of dog, no matter how good it is, a dog will miss quarry sooner or later.. to say because they only stir things up for a short time that they are no good at finding is rubbish. i rate my "yoyo" as a very good finder, iv had my other dogs check after its had a run through, like wise with him after another of the dogs has had a run through already.. i appriciate there not everyones cup of tea but to say they have no use at all in the terrier game is imo not right

Earth " not to be confused with a bolting terrier "?? so what would you describe a bolting terrier as then??

I never said they can't find I was just pointing out that if you want to double check after a proper digging dog has said no then all you have to do is run another dog. If you have a yo yo and it says no in an undiggable place you'll hardly be able to double check after it unless you have a yard full of ten minute wonders !!! They do have purposes in some mens yards not mine, in all honesty a ten minute wonder is a terrier that didn't make the grade.

Would you give kennel space for one of these?

I had one, didnt know what i had till she went.

Also good for hunting rough as she wouldnt stay, so she had the chance to still get out and play her part.

as i knew if she went down, she would come out quick, was also good to flush.

I wouldnt my self but i know people who would have a good reason for keeping a terrier that would only do 10 mins. Each to here own for there own work. But for me who does not do it for $$$ and hasnt got to answer to any one I wouldnt keep one, because I dont have a reason for one.

• Like 1