LOOSING QUARRY

This is really startin to do my head in, when I have given my dog chance to settle in then start digging, when I get to my dog there is no quarry in sight and sometimes I can't dig on to see where it's gone, even though it stinks of fox, dunno weather it's dug on and dog can't get to it or he is bayin on scent or not, I have only had a few with him so maybe inexperienced I don't know, but it's gettin very annoyin

Any suggestions apart from a new terrier ???

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take someone with you that knows a bit more than you, he might be able to shed some light on whats going on.

Sounds like he's sitting back to far away from his quarry, if the earth is shallow enough to sit + listen to whats goin on underground, do that! Listen to whats goin on underground, listen for differe

is there any signs he was at the quarry?sounds to me that its sitting well back or could be false marking!

have you dug too the dog before this??? surely you would know if he is at 1 or not....ie.. sounds banging difference in bark slight movement as you dig????..and if you have dug to the dog more than once and this is happened...only way to put your mind at rest dig 1 ,,,put it to ground go to the van get your terrier and try...that way you know exactly what is going on..and if he walks after ten he doent like...if you dig him and quarry not there right with him you know he laying off his quarry...really up to you what you do with him then...hope this helps atb ..stopend :thumbs:

• Like 1

give your terrier the shovel and get yourself a new terrier :whistling:

Stupid reply's like this is why this site is going rapidly downhill... :censored:

give your terrier the shovel and get yourself a new terrier :whistling:

or way not just take it out more like eny normal person??? and or take an experionsed dog along with you?? you sound like a right tit making comments like that mate jmo atb fm

Post removed and member warned.

Thanks for advice lads, usually dig to him mid tube, but it does look like the quarry has been scrattin on but seems to be goin on a long way if there at all but the last few have stank of Charlie, but I am inexperienced myself so not sure [bANNED TEXT] the f**k is goin on, and only 1 terrier between me an a mate it's a proper novice situation

try and get out with other lads near you and learn a bit more as they will help you learn a bit more about your dog :thumbs:

Sounds like he's sitting back to far away from his quarry, if the earth is shallow enough to sit + listen to whats goin on underground, do that! Listen to whats goin on underground, listen for different pitches in his bark or if theres a bit scuufle goin on.. If u dont hear scuffling leave a good while, when u do dig and u break through and still see no quarry, pull ur dog out and let an experience dog run it, he may give u the answers..

• Like 3