rabbit dogs..

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of this "I wouldn't breed off a failed fox/deer dog that was shit hot on rabbits" stems from some lads, not all, looking down on lads who just hunt bunnies.   In the lurcher world the rabbitin

Heres my young bitch who I would describe as a out and out "rabbit" dog, would I breed her to another "rabbit" dog? If I thought it was going to improve my stock then yes of course I would, after all

But why would you want to use a failed Bull x as a stud for rabbiting dogs ? Surely it's better to use proven rabbiting stock........or am I reading the question wrong ? Cheers

Posted Images

Roxy 2 yrs, 22 " tts, has the ferreting game pretty much sussed now and no too bad oan the lamp either

march12042.jpg

Cass, 16 months, 18" tts, still learning but showing lots of promise, bright as a button, natural retriever, the two of them have started to work well together out mooching, Cass works the cover and Rox tends to hang about at the edges

march12039.jpg

a pic from yesterday :thumbs:

ROEdeer002.jpg

• Like 2

There is some narrow minded people on this site and for saying all rabbit dogs need culling there's more to a rabbit dog than you believe im a rabbiter im not a bad person my dogs are not 100% but that life im happy you can look down at me all you like but I always be proud

• Like 2

There is some narrow minded people on this site and for saying all rabbit dogs need culling there's more to a rabbit dog than you believe im a rabbiter im not a bad person my dogs are not 100% but that life im happy you can look down at me all you like but I always be proud

The guy probally just at the wind up thats all i do myself its only rabbit dogs i keep along with the ferrets .I find the rabbits exciting stuff and at the end of the day thats all we have left apart from rats thats legal so enjoy atb

Heres mine, Nell, and with just 2 working seasons under her belt, im more than happy with her performance

rip katie 2008 2012

Katie ain't ur little blue one mate is she?

Yes mate

Really sorry to hear that mate from ur posts that ive read ur whippets mean alot to u mate and r really great dogs I always enjoy reading about them

Theres a lot more to a being a good Rabbiting dog than catching, this Bitch would mark a bury, then lie quietly behind waiting for the bolt, if this did not happen, and a dig was on, she would move to find the next occupied bury and lie behind the bury waiting on me, thats being clever, this saved me a lot of time, and put more Rabbits in the bag.

jp002.jpg